TPG Community

Get online support

Delays on some NBN installation and fault appointments - May 2021

Bazza028
Level 2
Over 4 weeks and keep getting told no appointments and can't not give an estimatewhen I will be connected. What a joke. Were very quick to sign me up and bill my credit card. Will not be recommend tpg to anyone. Will be seeking cancellation and full refund as was never told I would have to wait months for connection.
emguilherme
Level 3

Changed address on 21/04, have raised 10+ tickets with TPG, technician didn't turn up on the sheduled date, have called and talked to case managers several times, have been booked for 07/06, that is right over 6 weeks without NBN connection, nothing has been done. I work from home and have been using my mobile data. Paid my bill on 03/05, paid for no service at all, dissapointed. I feel robbed by TPG.

Shane

Hi @garoser,

Thanks for sending me your details. I was able to locate the account I can see that the issue is now being handled by our Complaints Resolution Team. We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. I can see that you have been in contact with them yesterday and gave the current update, we'll raise this with the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager handling this case for additional reference on the ongoing investigation. Updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience. 

And this continues, with no resolution in sight. The days of waiting, promised calls that don't eventuate and now an NBN technician who just shows up unscheduled and unannounced when nobody is at home.

5 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
10 May 2012 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW
11 May 2012 appointment between 1PM and 5PM. NO SHOW
14 May 2021 appointment between 8AM and 12 midday. NO SHOW. NO CALL.
Called TPG 12:30 Told to wait at home. Told NBN technician will call. NO CALL
Called TPG 14:10 Told to wait at home until 5PM - technician running late. Promsied a callback with update at 16:00. NO CALLBACK
Called TPG 16:15 Told to wait at home until 7PM - technician running late.
Spent 58 minutes waiting on phone to escalate with supervisor.
Promised at 15:18 that supervisor would call me back in one hour with technician update and complaint process. NO CALLBACK
Contacted by Toni(?)(supervisor) at ~19:00. Promised to follow up with NBN and get back to me same night or following morning at the latest. NO CALLBACK
Toni offered a wireless solution to get us through 3 months.
17 May 2021 Called TPG at 13:30.
No information available from NBN. No explanation of why there was no callback from TPG on Friday or Saturday. No plan except to wait for NBN Co to update their case. Requested an update tomorrow, Tuesday, and number was confirmed and a callback promised. NBN connection dropping through early afternoon.
18 May 2021 8:30PM text from NBN offering NBN technican between 8AM and 12 midday 19 May 2021. Not seen until next morning.
19 May 2021 Appointment scheduled for Friday 21 May 2021 between 8AM and 12 midday.
Call from NBN Co. technician at 15:37. "Is someone at home, I am about to visit?" Unanounced, unscheduled. I requested that he work up to the external wall box and call me back with any results. NO CALLBACK.
Called TPG at 15:44. No information available. NBN technician still booked for Friday morning, no booking for today. Will call me back with further information. NO CALLBACK.

Shane

Hi @Bazza028,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you feel that way, we'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this. To better understand situation of the application, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Over 4 weeks and keep getting told no appointments and can't not give an estimatewhen I will be connected. What a joke. Were very quick to sign me up and bill my credit card. Will not be recommend tpg to anyone. Will be seeking cancellation and full refund as was never told I would have to wait months for connection.
Shane

Hi @emguilherme,

Welcome to the community!

We apologise if feel that way. We'd like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience, to better understand the progress of the NBN installation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Changed address on 21/04, have raised 10+ tickets with TPG, technician didn't turn up on the sheduled date, have called and talked to case managers several times, have been booked for 07/06, that is right over 6 weeks without NBN connection, nothing has been done. I work from home and have been using my mobile data. Paid my bill on 03/05, paid for no service at all, dissapointed. I feel robbed by TPG.

gainitlogistics
Level 2

well thanks.  they managed to book me in for an appointment 22 May between 8am - 12pm.  I'm sitting here at 11:34 and still no show, no phone calls.  Called up TPG and said that they may be running late, and then after several questioning why technician hasn't called 30min prior like they said they will, then TPG say they will be late but no definite time on when.  Reading some of the posts here and the number of NO SHOW, should I be sitting here not leaving the premise just in case they do show up and give an excuse that no one was on premise? I could end up dying from hunger from waiting as I have no idea when they will ever show up.  Could someone please check on me just in case I faint from hunger.... 5G would have been much easier!  

Riezl

Hi @gainitlogistics, apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you. Upon checking, the technician appointment is still currently open and we are expecting for the technician to arrive anytime between now and 5PM AEST time.

alisonm86
Level 2
So I finally got a date for a technician to come, 3 weeks after initial loss of service. And now they’ve not attended. This is getting ridiculous. I’ve been sent a sim by TPG as some sort of compensation however unable to follow the instructions given to activate as there are no options for mobile services on my account. So still remain without any internet for my family. Which is sending mobile data costs through the roof!
Ahra_G

Hi @alisonm86

Apologies for the trouble this is causing you. There is no report yet coming from NBN Co. The assigned Engineer has already made a follow up regarding the status of the appointment today. Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

To activate your SIM, please ensure to use the Customer ID only for logging in. 

You may refer to this Community article: How to activate your TPG Mobile SIM card

Regards,

Ahra_G

Sloukes
Level 2

"A technician has been scheduled to complete the installation on Tuesday, 25 May between 8am and 12pm"

Its now nearly 7pm and having arranged to work from home today am still waiting for the technician to turn up. Over 20 mins waiting on the phone, am still waiting for an agent. Can someone please give me an update.