TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check if your NBN service is part of a Planned Maintenance activity

liamo1983
Level 2
Hello,
I can't despite the instructions work out how to send a PM. Since a planned outage my service drops out every 10 minutes. Reboots and drops out 10 minutes later. Can someone please contact me. Thanks
Alex4
Level 2
Hi, I sent the same message yesterday about my internet cutting out every 10min. Waiting for reply.
All you need to do to PM is click on the username and click send message
Joseph_D

@liamo1983  Please see How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Send your details and concerns to one of my colleagues and we'll assist.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Jack33
Level 2
Why are you doing upgrades when we are coming out of a lockdown and have to work from home if we can work from home, as advised by the government
Shane

Hi @Jack33,

Welcome to the community!

Network maintenance are done from time to time to ensure continued performance on the network.

Where possible, these works are performed during non-peak times. However, sometimes due to occupational health & safety constraints and sometimes depending on the urgency, works need to be performed during the day.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If you are having issues with the service, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further assist you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Why are you doing upgrades when we are coming out of a lockdown and have to work from home if we can work from home, as advised by the government
Oldfella
Level 2
Really bad timing! We've got kids who are home schooling and I'm working remote. Why wasn't this scheduled for the weekend?!
Ahra_G

Hi @Oldfella

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

NBN reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

Should you require further assistance, please provide us with your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to better assist you. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Vivy
Level 2
Hi team,
Can you please check if the nbn maintenance is completed? I’m working from home and struggling to work because the network and speed is super slow.
BasilDV

Hi @Vivy

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

We've checked the account and it shows that there's no outage declared in your area as of the moment.

We also tested the line and the modem/router is getting a good connection speed with 59 Mbps Downstream and 22 Mbps Upstream.

You may check it here: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

We've created some articles that may help you with your issue:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

Noony
Level 2
These recent outages have not been during the windows and can sometimes extend well past. If I did similar in my job I would net keep it for long. Please plan your changes better and ensure communications match.