TPG Community

Get online support

I can't get the complimentary speed boost to 200Mb/sec as advised. Why not? Still getting 50.

Shane

Hi @drreaps05,

Thanks for sending us your details. We're able to locate the account using the given details and seen that your concern with the Complimentary speed boost has been escalated. The NBN Speed Gift project is ongoing still and on trial phase.  Our network team is working to align the speed. No ETR yet is available.

Regards,

I also cannot PM anyone. my speeds havnt changed either. what to do eh!

edit: i guess i had to post once to be able to PM. Cool!

Shane

Hi @chrisparry29,

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and we'll raise this to our Network Engineering Team to align the speed of the service.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I too am not getting the speed boost as mentioned in the email.

Shane

Hi @mallory1,

If you wish to get the actual speed of the service we recommend to perform a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet CAT6 cable.  Please understand that devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable. If devices connected via Wi-Fi are having slow connection it is possibly caused by wireless intereference. 

See this article for further troubleshooting.

You may also refer to this thread

Regards,

Hi, I received the complimentary speed boost email, and have seen a boost, but only from my normal speed of around 40mbp/s (on my NBN50 plan) to between 80 to 90 (depending on which channel I select on my router.

I have FTTP connection, and have a Asus RT-AC68 U modem (firmware up to date) with a TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless N Adapter on my PC (drivers up to date.

I have rebooted NBN and router.
When I log into my account I can see my plan is still listed the same NBN 50

Thanks in advance

SteveB
Level 3

I have to reply to this post because the TPG Community page won't let me start a post!

There is no "New Post" button. Why?

I am on NBN50 and have FTTP.

The complimentary speed boost only went to ~100mbs.

If I run a large download at this speed the router crashes out after a few minutes and needs to be restarted (Archer C1200).

I assume this is why the max speed is not reached?

Not sure what can be done about the router but it is very unstable when the network is faster than it can handle. Do you use better routers for faster connections?

BasilDV

Hi @SteveB

Welcome to the Community!

You may click the 'Ask a Question' button for you to post in the Community.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

bartalright
Level 2

***To those of you who are using an old modem and are unable to reach 200Mbits.***

I highly recommend investing in a new modem. I was using previously TPG-supplied TP-LINK Archer VR1600V and the maximum I could get was around 57Mbits (5Ghz). I have just purchased ASUS RT-AC68U and now I'm getting around 250Mbits (5Ghz). The speed on 2.4Ghz is much slower (around 50Mbits) but I believe it is due to congestion in my apartment complex.