TPG Community

Get online support

Internet speeds NBN FTTP

SOLVED Go to solution
dszczepina
Level 3

The internet was fixed last week but it has now become unusable again.

This is the fifth time this has happened. I need this to be fixed permanently.

I really dont like to keep paying TPG money everytime I wait upto a week without a working internet connection for someone to come and fix it. The internet is just not usable when Im waiting for someone to come. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/aba16610-190e-11eb-bcf2-cd34db0584dd

Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

Thanks for raising this to us. I ran an initial test to the service it shows that the modem/router's connection is having dropouts from our network, please confirm your best contact number pad referred time tomorrow, we'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I really dont like to keep paying TPG money everytime I wait upto a week without a working internet connection for someone to come and fix it. The internet is just not usable when Im waiting for someone to come. 

Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians tried to contact you earlier today but no avail, but we received your SMS confirmation that the issue is now fixed.

Regards,

dszczepina
Level 3

It was fine for a few hours on Thursday but it is not working today. 

Can you please get someone to fix this permananly. The issue has not been solved. 

Ive only had this NBN internet for 9 months and so far it has been less reliable than the ADSL connection I used to have. I really need this to stay fixed permananly.

I dont want to have a temporary connection all the time.

The Technician needs to know this has happened several times now and needs to make a permanant fix instead of a temporary one.

Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

Our Technicians tried to contact you to perform real-time test but no avail. We recommend to have them contact you for further investigation, please confirm your best contact time so we have them contact you again to better understand what causing dropouts on the service.

Regards,

It was fine for a few hours on Thursday but it is not working today. 

Can you please get someone to fix this permananly. The issue has not been solved. 

Ive only had this NBN internet for 9 months and so far it has been less reliable than the ADSL connection I used to have. I really need this to stay fixed permananly.

I dont want to have a temporary connection all the time.

The Technician needs to know this has happened several times now and needs to make a permanant fix instead of a temporary one.

dszczepina
Level 3

The dropout issue is still happening. I need someone to fix this please. I have sent the ping/trace route results to networktest@tpg.com.au

Ahra_G

Hi @dszczepina

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

In your case, I have since raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

dszczepina
Level 3
Friday evening the internet is no longer working. The upstream led on the modem will flash for a bit then disappear, then the downstream led would start flashing after a minute then stay solid. Then the upstream led would start flashing again. This has been going on an endless loop all night. The TPG NBN50 internet connection has been extremely unreliable since I signed up to it at the beginning of the year. Several technicians throughout the year have only fixed it temporarily. The technician on Wednesday said the nbn modem may be faulty. The nbn modem has never been replaced. I need someone to fix this permanently.
Riezl

Hi @dszczepina, we have re-escalated your concern to our Engineering Team for further investigation and a Case Engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician to replace the equipment, you will be advised via SMS or phone call. Kindly await further updates within the day.

dszczepina
Level 3

Still no service. Technichian came today, checked everything. After he did everything he could the internet and phone still do not work. The upstream led on the NBN modem wont stay solid. It keeps flashing then turns off. The downstream led will only stay on for a minute. Please send someone now to fix this now. I have work to do on the online. I cannot delay this any longer.