TPG Community

Get online support

NBN FTTN Dropouts, unreliable connection.

mattbarkerart
Level 3

Hi my internet has dropped out twice today and a few days ago as well. The connection has been fine up until now.

Could I please have my service/line checked, and also my modem firmware checked please?

Modem

Model: ArcherVR1600v Ver 2.0
S/N: 319C140007101

service: NBN FTTN Broadband SL Bundle 100 

Thankyou.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @mattbarkerart

Welcome to the Community!

We edited your post as it contains your account information. Please avoid posting any account information on a public thread as it may compromise your account security.

We've tested the line and was not able to detect any fault and the modem/router firmware is the latest one.

The connection shows that it's been stable and working within specification. You may follow the troubleshooting given on our support page. Check it here.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

mattbarkerart
Level 3
Thanks Basil,
It's been ok today. thanks for checking the line.

Will let you know if it drops again, as I need this connection solid for work.
mattbarkerart
Level 3
Our connection has gone off again from 9pm tonight and came back at 9:30, dropped again at 9:55
I've tried restarting the modem, and checked connections.
Any help would be appreciated
mattbarkerart
Level 3
As of this morning the internet is still off.
Dsl light blinks for a while and then goes off.
The modem is the only device connected to line, and ive restarted it multiple times.

Thanks
Ahra_G

Hi @mattbarkerart

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.

We have detected line fault on the connection thus we have raised the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation. 

Please ensure to leave the modem connected and turned on for remote testing purposes. 

Updates will be provided via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G