TPG Community

Get online support

NBN50 download very slow

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @annyb,

For any possible cause of Slow Connection on your service our Engineering Team will look into this. At the moment the issue with the service is still under assessment and investigation. Updates will be provided by one of our Engineers when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call.

Cheers!

Bilby
Level 3

Speedtest just now providing 10/19 with 23ms ping.

BasilDV

Hi @Bilby,

Our Engineers will be waiting for the additional test that they've provided you in order to identify the issue.

Currently, they are not able to detect any problem within the CVC. Please respond to the email that they've sent you to progress the case.

BasilDV

Bilby
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

Appreciate the reply before performing this can you please confirm that capacity on the CVC has not been reached and that shaping is not occuring?

BasilDV

Hi @Bilby,

Our Engineers have advised you that there's no issues within the CVC capacity.

If you are able to run the test, it will help with their investigation.

BasilDV

Bilby
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

Unfortunately when the Engineers spoke with me they admitted that they did not check the capacity issue during the peak time.

When I contacted Technical Support last night to report another night of very slow download speed  they indicated that the Engineers had gone home.

BasilDV

Hi @Bilby,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and a TPG technician was requested for real time testing.

Further updates with the schedule will be given via SMS or phone call.

In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

Bilby
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV 

Can I ask if TPG will be publishing its network traffic levels on its points of interconnect (POI) like other RSPs - that in itself makes it more transparent in showing if the problem is capacity on the CVC (and also prevents wasting time sending a technician out unnecessarily).

Level 2
Hello,

I waited for about 2 weeks for a technician to come and connect us to our new NBN50 FTTN plan (9/11/20). I was excited to come home and use it but when I did, the internet was very slow and wasn’t what I expected. The speed was about 9.5 Mbps (as tested).
BasilDV

Hi @3141

Thanks for raising this to our attention.

Do you know what type of NBN plan you've enrolled with? If it's under the NBN12 basic speed plan, then the speed that you are getting is within range.

If you are not aware of your NBN plan, then check it online via TPG My account. You may refer to this article as a guide on how to access it: How to Change NBN Plan Online via TPG My Account

The article may be useful when you decided to change your NBN plan.

Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you

If you are under the NBN50 or NBN100 speed tier, then please process with the troubleshooting in this article: Slow speed issue

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV