TPG Community

Get online support

Neighbours are connected to NBN, but my location shows as "more work required'"

Jdrizzle
Level 3
Hi,
I live in a street front detached house, in an area that has been connected to the NBN. The houses on either side of me show as "connected" on the NBN rollout map, yet my address shows as "more work required'".
Why is this the case?
Is there a technician that can come out and complete the installation?
Thanks.
37 REPLIES 37
Rica_R

Hi @Jdrizzle

I can see that nbn™ Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) service is being progressively rolled out at your location and initial checks suggest that your address will be NBN ready anytime between 6 to 12 months. This is still subject to change depending on the nbn Co as some premises may require more work before they are ready to connect.

If you would like to be contacted once the NBN is ready at your address, simply register your details here: http://tpg.com.au/nbn#register-your-interest.

Jdrizzle
Level 3
Hi @Rica_R,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my enquiry.
I understand that the NBN rollout is progressive, however I don't understand how my neighbours on each side of my house, as well as on the opposite side of the street, can be connected to NBN, but my house is marked as requiring more work.
Could this be an administrative error?
Can TPG organise a technician to come and assess the connection? Or follow up with NBN Co to get this connected?
Thank you.
BasilDV

Hi @Jdrizzle,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We can check this further with the NBN Co to confirm if your address can be serviceable or if more work is really needed. By the way, we've searched your address on the NBN service checker and we've seen that it has Unit 1 and Unit 2. On what unit are you?

We also need your proof of tenancy to confirm the address. Please send it through PM.

Once received, we'll lodged this with NBN Co.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Jdrizzle
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. The NBN work has now been completed, and we have signed up for TPG NBN.
Thanks again.
BasilDV

Great! Thank you for the update @Jdrizzle.

Further updates with the NBN order will be given via Email or SMS.

Let us know should you require further assistance or contact our team for real time support on 13 14 23.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

mikelen
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I am having same issue... "more work required'

Will you able to help me?

I will PM you my details.

Thank you.

BasilDV

Hi @mikelen,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We just want to know if your neighbours are already connected with the NBN or they are also waiting for it to be available?

I've tried to search for every Unit with the address that you've provided via PM and it says the same thing "more work required".

Kind regards,

BasilDV

mikelen
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

Correct, there are 5 units in our block, none of us have the same issue.

However, property located around (accross, back, left and right) our land has no issue.

Let me PM you the adress.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Thank you for sending the information, @mikelen.

We'll check it with our Service delivery team and provide you with the update once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV