TPG Community

Get online support

No internet connection with the new NBN, BYO modem

nathua
Level 2

I got FTTB plan. I am using my own modem which is TP-link Archer VR400. I followed the guideline but I am not able to connect to internet. I have light on the modem for DSL. I just got the message from TPG that installation is complete. I'm not sure what is the missing piece. On the modem GUI, internet connection is disconnected. Appreciate the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Ahra_G

Hi @nathua

You may check these articles for reference: 

Otherwise, please PM us with your Customer ID or username so we can check the status of your line. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

nathua
Level 2

Hi@Ahra_G 

I PM'd you the username. I also checked the links. I'm doing the exact guideline. That'd be awesome if we can confirm that the line is fine.

Just one thing to confirm regarding the username, I used "@TPG.com.au" suffix for the username. Basically <TPG_Username>@TPG.com.au and TPG password that I used to log in the tpg website.

david64
Level 15

Hi @nathua . You can try your username with and without suffix.

The username and password are the ones you use to login to MyAccount.

Is your plan the bundled NBN/VOIP plan, or BYO data only plan (no VOIP)?

The DSL light means it is getting the signal from the FTTB equipment.

If it is not connecting, there might be a clue in the VR400 system log.

nathua
Level 2

Ok I found the issue.

Thanks to this guideline How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-AC1200-Wireless-MU-MIMO-Archer-VR400 written by @BasilDV . This is much better guideline than the other one.

The key was to disable VLAN. I got confused on this guideline https://support.tpg.com.au/how-set-tp-link-archer-vr400-nbn-fttbn

Disabling VLAN resolved my problem and connected to the internet.

nathua
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV for the help

BasilDV

Glad that the article we've created has helped you resolve this issue.

Have a good day!

BasilDV