Poor Service

callumcturner
Level 2

Hi,

I am posting my question on here as I have now spoken to over 10 TPG operators in different departments who keep putting me on to another department and are never able to resolve my issue. 

My wife and I submitted a relocation to a new address a month ago which will happen next week. However, TPG cut off our internet at our current location a week and a half before moving. After a very lengthy few phone calls (tech to customer service to billings(wrong department) then back to tech), TPG was finally able to restore our internet at our current address 2 days after it was cut off and issue was lodged. 

Now that they have restored our internet we are currently getting less than 1MB/s download speed when we have paid for the maximum NBN100 plan which should have speeds up to 90MB/s. The issue was finally lodged with the TPG engineering department 2 days ago and we were told it would be looked into and resolved in the next 24 hours. Yesterday a TPG engineer called and spoke to me for 1 minute then said he would run some tests and get back to me. He did not call back yesterday and still hasn't called back today.

I called through to the tech desk to follow up on our ticket and the operator tried to tell me our internet wasn't activated at our current address even though we are currently using it (1MB/s). He said that the engineer would call me back in a hour and still hasn't called back hours later. 

I run my business from home and my wife also works from home so this has made a big impact to us for something so simple to organise. I have asked to speak to a manager on many calls and the operators refuse to put me through, perhaps there is no manager department? I have no idea why TPG cannot resolve this issue straight away when this was a fault caused by them in the first place. Please let me know if you have any solutions to get this resolved ASAP.

Regards,

Callum

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @callumcturner,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, sad to learn that you're having issues with the service. We would like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this.

To better understand the status of the service relocation and fault update, please send me a Private Messagew ith your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

Also include your best contact number and preferred time. How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi,

I am posting my question on here as I have now spoken to over 10 TPG operators in different departments who keep putting me on to another department and are never able to resolve my issue. 

My wife and I submitted a relocation to a new address a month ago which will happen next week. However, TPG cut off our internet at our current location a week and a half before moving. After a very lengthy few phone calls (tech to customer service to billings(wrong department) then back to tech), TPG was finally able to restore our internet at our current address 2 days after it was cut off and issue was lodged. 

Now that they have restored our internet we are currently getting less than 1MB/s download speed when we have paid for the maximum NBN100 plan which should have speeds up to 90MB/s. The issue was finally lodged with the TPG engineering department 2 days ago and we were told it would be looked into and resolved in the next 24 hours. Yesterday a TPG engineer called and spoke to me for 1 minute then said he would run some tests and get back to me. He did not call back yesterday and still hasn't called back today.

I called through to the tech desk to follow up on our ticket and the operator tried to tell me our internet wasn't activated at our current address even though we are currently using it (1MB/s). He said that the engineer would call me back in a hour and still hasn't called back hours later. 

I run my business from home and my wife also works from home so this has made a big impact to us for something so simple to organise. I have asked to speak to a manager on many calls and the operators refuse to put me through, perhaps there is no manager department? I have no idea why TPG cannot resolve this issue straight away when this was a fault caused by them in the first place. Please let me know if you have any solutions to get this resolved ASAP.

Regards,

Callum

peterkam46
Level 3
I have had same experiences with the call crntre which is located in the Phillipines. My wireless internet service was very unstable which made it difficult to run lectures on Zoom. I also had problems changing direct debit from credit card to bank account when my credit card was lost. It took many (6) calls and many hours waiting for response. The numbers given were for nbn connections and had to be redirected when I advised the person it was wireless internet. It is surprising that a big IT company can’t sort their IT system . The TPG app is absolutely useless- another symptom of complacency. I am a Malaysian Chinese (like the owner of TPG) and am shocked with the terrible service and complacency of TPG.I hope someone in the company will look at this post and rectify the issues.
TPG, please Get better call centres who have common sense rather than reading the same statements repeatedly without any common sense
peterkam46
Level 3
It is very bad. This morning I found that I was debited THREE times for the same invoice . Surely the accounts dept could be more diligent. I am not able to contact the supervisor of the accounts dept as I was not given access to his contact information
Can Mr Teo sort this mess in his company?
peterkam46
Level 3

Dear Mr Inaki , CEO TPG

I am aware that this email is directed to you which is not normal as you have other more important things on your plate. However I am writing to you so that something can be done to improve the services of your call center and accounts dept based in the Phillipines who have frustrated and angered me.

These are the issues:

1. These seems a lack of tracking of communication with different people of your call center. Everytime I contact the support or accounts dept I have to repeat same information about this issues over and over again. Perhaps some recording system should be implemented.
  2. The phones numbers provided at the end of their emails do not connect me to the appropriate personnel or the connection drops out after a few seconds
  3. The website that your company provides is archaic and useless as it does not work on an iPhone 12. It needs an update
  4. The app that your company provides does not work. It looks like it has not been updated for years and has become obsolete wit the updating of operating systems.
  5. There seems a lack of common sense amongst your call centre personnel. I appreciate security is important BUT they work like a zombie without common sense. I think this is largely due to the lack of tracking of communication at your call centres. It needs an urgent overhaul!!

My apologies for complaining but I could not get any resolution or help with my issue: changing my direct debit instructions from credit card to bank account when my credit card was stolen

Thank you your patience and I hope this will help you to direct it to the appropriate person to improve your company

Peter

BasilDV

Thanks for raising this to our attention @peterkam46.

We'd like to help turn your experience around.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

peterkam46
Level 3

dear BasilDV

i clicked on your name and could not get the send message icon to send you a personal message.  another example of a useless IT system. i used windows and Apple OS without any success

peter

BasilDV

Hi @peterkam46

I'm not sure what happened, but I received a PM from you.

We'll wait for your account details to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Bobbi1234
Level 2

I'm adding my issue to comment below as it has NOT been resolved, all I need is to re-record my voicemail NAME which is BEFORE the recording of the personal greeting. Voicemail message set up has two parts to it Part 1= Name. Part 2 = Personal greeting I am unable to get into part 1 and alter it, part 2 greeting can be accessed and is ok. I want my WHOLE voicemail message (parts 1 and 2) deleted so I can re-record the TWO (separate) sections again.

The person I spoke to yesterday said she didn't have authority to access it. I have never had this issue with a mobile voicemail service before. part 1 is completely separate from part 2 and impossible to access to change. Part 2 can be accessed and changed. I want to re-record part 1 of voicemail message again. I have tried to speak to TPG today but calls to TPG  are repeatedly cut off mid conversation so am unable to get any assistance from them. Very underwhelmed!! Extremely poor service from a telecom provider!!!

Ahra_G

Hi @Bobbi1234

We'd like to check what happened in this instance and resolve your concern. Please send in your Customer ID or username via PM so we can pull up your account.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G