TPG Community

Get online support

VPN IP Phone - One Way Audio on TPG NBN

coreyferrera20
Level 3

Final update @Glenn1  @Ahra_G 

Just switched over to OPTUS this morning. Everything is working fine, can make and receive calls with the cisco softphone with 2 way audio. I am even still using the same TPLINK C1200 router supplied by TPG. I just reconfiged it to suit the Optus connection. 

Definitely something up with TPG's service. Goodluck trying to get them to admit it though.

Spread the word to anyone else you know that is having this problem with TPG

Mcleedave79
Level 2

Hi Doran, did you get a fix on this issue?

Weird enough, I use Jabber for workcall as well. However, my issue is I can hear them and they cannot hear me.

If only TPG willing to spend time to check on our connection and figure out the issue.

You cannot hear caller, and mine is Caller cannot her me.

Shane

Hi @Mcleedave79,

Welcome to the community!

We're able to locate the account using the community details, we chased this with our Technical Team they tried to contact you but no avail.

Regards,

Hi Doran, did you get a fix on this issue?

Weird enough, I use Jabber for workcall as well. However, my issue is I can hear them and they cannot hear me.

If only TPG willing to spend time to check on our connection and figure out the issue.

You cannot hear caller, and mine is Caller cannot her me.

MattMann
Level 2

I have the same issue. I have been through extensive testing with my VoIP provider. 

After many days and hours of testing multiple SIP devices, their response below;

"Not sure if you are using TPG, recently, some of our clients on the TPG NBN connection had a similar issue - no incoming voice. In all cases, we were sending RTP to the client's side, but they didn't receive it. It wasn't a TPG outage, we had 4 or 5 clients. Please raise a ticket with your ISP and check."

Our Firewall requirements - https://www.voipline.net.au/support/article/360001084436-Firewall-Requirements

I will follow up with TPG support..

Ahra_G

Hi @MattMann,

Let's check how we can resolve this issue. We'll wait for your TPG Customer ID or username via private message so we can have our Tech team to look in to this. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

I have the same issue. I have been through extensive testing with my VoIP provider. 

After many days and hours of testing multiple SIP devices, their response below;

"Not sure if you are using TPG, recently, some of our clients on the TPG NBN connection had a similar issue - no incoming voice. In all cases, we were sending RTP to the client's side, but they didn't receive it. It wasn't a TPG outage, we had 4 or 5 clients. Please raise a ticket with your ISP and check."

Our Firewall requirements - https://www.voipline.net.au/support/article/360001084436-Firewall-Requirements

I will follow up with TPG support..