cancellation fee

epickford23
Level 2

I want to cancel my NBN service. Is there a cooling off period and how do I find out the cancellation fee if there is no cooling off period?

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @epickford23 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you are on the TPG NBN service.

Based on Service Description and Terms – NBN

CANCELLING AN NBN ACCESS SERVICE

12.1. You may terminate the NBN service by giving us at least 30 days written notice. You must pay for charges for the service up to the end of the notice period.
12.2. If you cancel your NBN service before the end of your Minimum Contract Period, you will be required to pay the early termination charges.

We'd like to arrange a call from our Accounts team to discuss the process further.

Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

gwendamayshort
Level 2

Hi TPG

I am being charged a cancellation fee of $177 for a service that continually 'dropped out'. Your help line could not fix the issue after several 'chats' and an email (to which there was no response) Please explain?

Riezl

Hi @gwendamayshort, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can look into this and help with the resolution.

To send a PM , please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

kjc
Level 2
Level 2

I too am recieving very poor service.

Everytime i get a phone call, i have to explain again and go through the same tests

we should not be charged any fee for a service that isnt provided - infact we should get a refund.

I have never recieved the advertised 50mb/s - generally 25mb/s

i have been with TPG for 6 years, but will be leaving very soon.

Shane

Hi @kjc,

Thanks for raising this to us, I am sad to learn that you're having speed issues with the service. I would like to take this opportunity to turn around your experience and get to the bottom of this.

To better understand the situation, please post a speed test result on this thread using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable also another test using devices connected via Wi-Fi for comparative test purposes.

On top of that, send me your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) so we can perform remote test on our end.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

I will wait for the test result and your account details.

Regards,

I too am recieving very poor service.

Everytime i get a phone call, i have to explain again and go through the same tests

we should not be charged any fee for a service that isnt provided - infact we should get a refund.

I have never recieved the advertised 50mb/s - generally 25mb/s

i have been with TPG for 6 years, but will be leaving very soon.