TPG Community

Get online support

Can't make outgoing calls as of 1-04-22

GlennM
Level 2

Hi TPG,

As of yesterday I am unable to make outgoing calls, there is a dial tone but as soon as any number is dialled it gets an immediate busy signal. Incoming calls work fine.

For some reason my account is showing two different plans under NBN Home Phone Tools. The 'active' plan is showing a status of "Unfinancial" however there are funds in my account and I have no way off adding funds because the only option I have under the plan is "NBN Home Phone Usage".

I have rebooted the router, NBN box and tried different phones.

I notice there are dozens of posts regarding phone issues.

I'm disabled and use/rely on the phone a lot so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Ahra_G

Hi @GlennM,

Was your homephone number been recently ported over? 

I would recommend checking out the articles below to help with the issue: 

For further assistance, let us have the homephone number or your customer ID/username via private message in order for us to check the line status and get the issue sorted quickly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi TPG,

As of yesterday I am unable to make outgoing calls, there is a dial tone but as soon as any number is dialled it gets an immediate busy signal. Incoming calls work fine.

For some reason my account is showing two different plans under NBN Home Phone Tools. The 'active' plan is showing a status of "Unfinancial" however there are funds in my account and I have no way off adding funds because the only option I have under the plan is "NBN Home Phone Usage".

I have rebooted the router, NBN box and tried different phones.

I notice there are dozens of posts regarding phone issues.

I'm disabled and use/rely on the phone a lot so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GlennM
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

No it hasn't.  I had a speed change but that was about 6-7 months ago.  Nothing on my end has changed, it's definitely on TPG end and everything I have read/researched points towards TPG not allowing outgoing calls because of a lack of credit on the account.  However there is credit in my account.

The issue is that the status on my phone account states "Unfinancial" which I guess is a flag in your system?

Thank you for your help

Ahra_G

We'd like to check this further, @GlennM.

We'll wait for your details via private message so we can advise and provide you with more detailed info about your account. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

leranleran1
Level 2

I have the same problem.

It showed "unfinancial" on the home phone account page although I'm all paid up.

I could not get access to the phone control panel.

I contacted billing and accounts and now I've just checked and at least I can get access to the control panel.

The phone still cannot call out or receive calls at this stage. It just goes to busy tone.

Shane

Hey, GlennM. Let us get to the bottom of this, could you send us your details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). 

I have the same problem.

It showed "unfinancial" on the home phone account page although I'm all paid up.

I could not get access to the phone control panel.

I contacted billing and accounts and now I've just checked and at least I can get access to the control panel.

The phone still cannot call out or receive calls at this stage. It just goes to busy tone.

GlennM
Level 2

Sorry for the late reply.  I called support and the issue has been fixed.  Not sure what was wrong as no one called back to let me know the phone just started working.

BasilDV

Glad that this has been sorted @GlennM.

Cheers!

BasilDV