TPG Community

Get online support

Can't receive calls on my home phone

SOLVED Go to solution
binod2310
Level 2

I have been facing problems with my home phone since 3 March. Called TPG several times. After lengthy wait time, I could connect to the help desk but the technician couldn't solve the problem and referred to their engineering team. On one morning, I ws finally lucky to get connected to the TPG engineering team. After brief checks, the technician decided that my modem had issues and need replacement and was sent a lone modem. After receiving the loan modem, I connected that but no luck with the home phone and called again. This time it took aver 40 minutes to get connected to a technician and still the problem couldn't be resolved. After 3 days, finally I got my outgoing calls enabled but incoming calls still disabled. Is there any easier way to communicate with the TPG help desk and get the issue resolved. I am with TPG since 2014and never had similar problems or never had to call them multiple times for same problem.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @binod2310

We hope that you and your family are safe. In light of the COVID19 situation, we are fully committed in taking heightened precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our staffs. TPG’s telephone support team members are now transitioning to work from home set-up to lessen the exposure and chance of contracting the virus. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times.

In your case, the issue is still under investigation by our Home phone Engineers and your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

Aside from calling our phone support, you can also reach us through chat, e-mail and TPG Community, all of which can be found at https://tpg.com.au/support/contact.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

binod2310
Level 2

It is finally resolved. I can receive and make calls from my home phone.

Since last few days I am having internet speed issues (dropped from 45 Mbps to around 6 Mbps). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @binod2310

We hope that you and your family are safe. In light of the COVID19 situation, we are fully committed in taking heightened precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our staffs. TPG’s telephone support team members are now transitioning to work from home set-up to lessen the exposure and chance of contracting the virus. We appreciate your patience as you may experience longer wait times.

In your case, the issue is still under investigation by our Home phone Engineers and your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

Aside from calling our phone support, you can also reach us through chat, e-mail and TPG Community, all of which can be found at https://tpg.com.au/support/contact.

BasilDV

binod2310
Level 2

It is finally resolved. I can receive and make calls from my home phone.

Since last few days I am having internet speed issues (dropped from 45 Mbps to around 6 Mbps). 

Natnoutt89
Level 2

Hey - I am having the same issues - how did you end up resolving it? I have just been sent a new modem - did that seem to help?

Thanks

Nat 

paulcmthales
Level 2

Hi Basil!

We are having issues trying to relocate our service (as do a lot of other customers) and no one is even trying to help. This is urgent as it is impacting my work-from-home situation. I have tried everything - phone calls, chat, community posts.

Please could you respond?

BasilDV

Hi @paulcmthales

We've created some articles that will help customers in moving their NBN service.

In your case, our Moving home team has lodged your order and email notification will be given once available.

BasilDV