TPG Community

Get online support

Cordless home phone not working.

SOLVED Go to solution
traprun
Level 3

Initially I replaced the set (which was about 10 years old) and bought a new one. It doesn't work either despite going through the set-up and troubleshooting process.  Tried the new set in another two phone outlets with no success.  Tried chat line for two days but no chat from your end.  Put in a helpdesk email 5 Apr and got a standard response, followed up again yesterday with the same response.  In the help desk email I asked if TPG could check the phone line and let me know the outcome.  Yes, I already checked the phone status in my account and it said 'no reported problems'.  This doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a problem, hence the request to do a check.  Please reply.

I have NBN Cable Broadband SL Bundle Boost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
traprun
Level 3

Good news, it is now working after being coonected to the modem for just over an hour.  Thanks mate.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
david64
Level 15

Are you a NBN HFC connection with Arris nbn box and a wifi router?

KarlB

Hi @traprun,

Your phone handset will plug into the back of your modem, not your telephone sockets around the house. Can you try and plug your handset into Phone port 1 on the back of your modem/router?

I have checked your voip Registration and it is showing registered. It should be up and running.

Thanks,

Karl

traprun
Level 3

I am technically challenged on this subject, so please bear with me.  Does this help:

1. Configuration Option PPPoE ADSL2+ Static IP

2. Huawei model HG659 Gateway

traprun
Level 3

Thanks Karl.  Phone 1 is already used when the installer set up the modem.  I have tried Phone 2 but no success.  Just curious - my original phone set was plugged into a phone outlet and worked since NBN was connected.

KarlB

Hi @traprun,

The phone 1 port should have your phone handset plugged into it. Unplug whatever is plugged into it at the moment and plug your handset in.

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Your setup should look like this.HFC 1.JPG

traprun
Level 3

NBN unit is properly connected.  Modeem is as follows:

Phone 1 is connected to phone outlet in the wall.

Lan 1 - to laptop

Lan 2 - not used

Lan 3 - Internet data cable

Lan 4 - not used

KarlB

Hi @traprun,

Phone 1 should not be connected to the wall. Unplug that cable and plug your handset into port 1.

Please have a look at the picture I uploaded.

Regards,

Karl

traprun
Level 3

I don't doubt that you are correct mate but that has been the configuration since NBN connection.  I will change the set-up to the picture,