TPG Community

Get online support

Cordless home phone not working.

SOLVED Go to solution
traprun
Level 3

Still not working.  I appreciate what you have helped me with this morning.  What should I do next, call in a phone technician?

KarlB

Hi @traprun,

I have checked your phone registration again, and if you are plugging your handset directly into phone port 1 on your modem you should have a working phone service.

Is it possible for you to take a photo of your setup?

Regards,

Karl

traprun
Level 3

Good news, it is now working after being coonected to the modem for just over an hour.  Thanks mate.

KarlB

Hi @traprun,

Great, i'm glad your up and running

Regards,

Karl

Lirong31
Level 2
I have same problem
Lirong31
Level 2
I have a different setup. Every time we receive a call it gets cut out in one second. I tried the other end, calling home, I can hear it connecting. But the home phone can’t hear me.
BasilDV

Hi @Lirong31

Welcome to the Community!

What type of setup are you using? You may check this article (NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide) to make sure that your service will work properly.

BasilDV

Lirong31
Level 2
“NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide” that is the one I’m using, this morning I ask a friend call my home phone and phone is working but so many times in the pass weeks, when I was at work and calling home and home phone got pick up but not sound, and my kids said when they picked up the phone, phone got cut out straight away
BasilDV

Hi @Lirong31

Observe your service and contact our Tech team if the issue recur for real time support.

The contact number is 1300 997 271.

BasilDV

reynaldog
Level 2
Hi, our phone used to work years ago but has been not working (cos haven't investigated)...I have plugged phone into phone port 1 but it never lights on the router...is there anything else I should be doing?