TPG Community

Get online support

HUAWEI Modem HG659 - Firmware Update

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @homerholmes,

Welcome to the community!

We'd love to help upgrade the firmware of your modem/rotuer. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows 2 different account. To ensure we have the correct account please PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

dengqingren
Level 2

Hi mate, I also need to update my HG659's firmware from V100R001C216B111 to V100R001C216B113

Pls help!

Ahra_G

Hi @dengqingren

We have also received your post on a separate thread and we have likewise replied to it. As such, you may also refer to this link for more details:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/HG659-hardware-ver-B-please-provide-firmware-V100...

A request to update your firmware has been sent. We'll be in touch for further updates. 

Cheers! 

tokolosh
Level 2

Dear TPG Support

Please schedule a remote push of a firmware update for my Huawei HG659 modem/router.

Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17509003053
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B112

Thank you

Will

Hi @tokolosh

Welcome to the Community!

We're currently unable to detect your modem in the system. Please perform a reset first on the modem (using the reset button at the back). Once we're able detect the modem in our system, we will then raise your request to our Engineering Team to push for the firmware update.

Regards,

tokolosh
Level 2

Hi @Will 

I'm running our modem in "bridge mode" and leaving PPP Auth, Routing, etc to a firewall instead and I'm guessing that somehow that is prevent remote administration of the modem.

I have temporarily reconfigured the modem to factory defaults with a DMZ configuration until after the update.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Thanks!

Will

Hi @tokolosh

I can confirm that we're now able to detect the modem in the system. I have already requested for the firmware to be updated. We'll notify you via this thread once it's done.

tokolosh
Level 2

Thank you @Will 

I can see that the update has already been made:

Product type: HG659
Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W17509003053
Hardware version: VER.B
Software version: V100R001C216B113

Appreciate the quick action and communication!

Will

Glad to be of assistance, @tokolosh

Should you have other concerns or queries, feel free to leave a comment.

Cheers!

herbaliser
Level 2

Hi Will, can you please update the firmware of my Huawei HG659? Thanks in advance.