TPG Community

Get online support

HUAWEI Modem HG659 - Firmware Update

SOLVED Go to solution
graitken
Level 2

Dear Basil,

My internet has gone slow. I wanted to try updating the firmware for the modem TPG provided Huawei HG659.

My user name is graitken - 

I have fibre to the building internet.

Thanks,

Graeme 

Ahra_G

Hi @graitken

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN technologies such as FTTN and FTTB are affected by the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network, thus directly affecting the attainable speeds.

Remote tests showed no evident line fault that can be service affecting. Furthermore, I've also detected that the modem is connected for almost 3 weeks now which is an indication of a stable connection. 

Rebooting the modem is one of the basic troubleshooting for most internet problems. Modems are like any other electronic devices, it is not built to be running at all times. One of the reasons why we advise this is that when you leave your modem on for too long, it will tend to stop performing at its best

I would also recommend checking out these articles that may be related to your issue:

Let us know if the issue persists so we can have our Technical team to assist you in checking for any underlying cause of the conneection issue. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ranco3
Level 2

Can you please upgrade my firmware as well?

Current version is V100R001C216B112

My TPG username is xxxxx

Port forwarding is not working at the moment, I have tried using "Port Forwarding", "Port Trigger Activation" and "DMZ", but my HTTP server is still not accessible from the outside Smiley Sad

Riezl

Hi @ranco3, we have already requested a firmware upgrade and we'll revert to you once an update is received. Thank you.

ranco3
Level 2

Actually, I bought another modem today and got the port forwarding working - so no need for a firmware upgrade anymore - thank you!

Riezl

Glad to know that. Feel free to message us should you need any assistance. Cheers!

Deejaymckay78
Level 2
Hi there, can I please request for the same? I’d like the modem firmware to be updated too.
Thanks in advance
Deejaymckay78
Level 2
Can you please update my firmware too please

System Information
Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W17825953284
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B112
BasilDV

Hi @Deejaymckay78

Welcome to the Community!

Your request has been forwarded and the firmware will be updated within 24 to 48 hours.

Stay safe.

BasilDV

fanclub
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

Could I please also request an update?

Device info below - is this all that is needed?  Thank you  Smiley Happy

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W17314002133
Hardware version: