TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link VX220 Router Settings Keep Reverting

Si
Level 3
Level 3

I have (probably) and odd query.

I bought my TP-Link VX220 router from TPG about 9 months ago. It has wored worked reasonably well for me.

I have done a number of things with my home network, like:

• change the IP address of the router to 10.0.0.1
  • changed my primary/secondary DNS to 1.1.1.2 / 1.0.0.2
  • configured the address pool from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.254
  • configured address reservation for known devices on my network

This worked perfectly for me.

I decided to switch to AGL Internet, as they were offering a 100mbps / 20mbps service for $5 a month less. I took my existing Router with me to AGL and the switched happened seemlessly, without me having to do any manual reconfiuration of my router settings.

Since I switched, I have been getting random and "mysterious" router re-confiuration changes, where the IP address of the router will change back to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 - but all the other settings remain intact. This has sometimes happened multiple times in a day or not happened for a day or 2.

Whenever this reconfiguration happens, the router is rebooted, IP address of the router changes and then devices have issues re-establishing a connection, as they have a lease for the 10.x.x.x range. Today, this happened during a Teams call.

How can I go about tracing who is changing these settings (i.e. TPG or AGL, probably via TP-069) and get them to stop?

3 REPLIES 3
alanguide
Level 7

I stand to be corrected, but if you've switched providers it must be them you approach?

Si
Level 3
Level 3

I wondered about that, but then I thought, how would my new provider know how to access my TPG router (I assume via TR-069), as I suspect access control would be heavily protected.

It is a "TPG router" and I assume, was previously being managed by TPG. I wondered if the router was still on their list of devices to monitor and manage.

Ahra_G

Hi @Si, your TPG router should still work as usual except for the VoIP function as that is provisioned to only work with TPG connection. Hope that helps!