TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting

BasilDV

You may try the pinhole first, then if it did not work, you may try the reset via the modem interface.

BasilDV

jthen
Level 2

I am also having this issue:

The router seems to reboot once or twice a day.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n 

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2.0 00000000

BasilDV

Hi @jthen

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

BasilDV

jthen
Level 2

I haven't tried the factory reset yet, was hoping to get a firmware update though?

BasilDV

The modem/router is already running with the latest firmware available @jthen.

You may perform a factory reset as it may resolve your issue.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Justaguy
Level 2

Same issue and no doubt 'factory reset'as advised multiple times may assist!

For me - it was an old router and I decided to upgrade and replace. This post is to help others avoid my time consuming process.

- TPLINK router from TPG works fine and the newer versions have MUCH BETTER WIFI coverage...(a LOT better than the VR1600v)

- Netgear RAX30 DOES NOT work...the combined smarts of TPG support and Netgear support across 4 continents were unsuccessful (ignoring the 4 days and 9+ hours of phone time to try every possible variation of recommended configuration).

Final option was to replace with a TPG recommended model as once two vendors start blaming each other you know its time to give up.

Not a shot at TPG or Netgear - love them both and used their kit for years...genuinely here to just save people time and effort (I even joined the community just to share the tip!!!)

sebastian71
Level 2

I am facing the same issue since this morning today (8th Nov) with constant reboot after a minute of uptime.  I have performed the factory reset but it didn't help. Looks like lots of users affected - not good.

BasilDV

Hi @sebastian71

We'd like to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Toby8726
Level 2

Experienced the issue this morning, modem keeps rebooting every minute or two.

Archer VR1600v V1.1
Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

I have factory reset it via the reset button, all config wiped, but the issue continues with no change.
With the modem only connected to power, after a factory wipe, it continues to do the same process.
It will allow an admin login to change settings, but never has time enough to get a internet connection.

I too bought a third party modem to get working again, which has worked, except for VOIP. I have later read TPG VOIP will only work on TPG supplied modems.

Ahra_G

Hi @Toby8726

For security reasons, the home phone component of your bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem, to make and receive phone calls. 

If you still require assistance with your connection and modem, please send us a PM along with your TPG username or Customer ID. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G