voip settings

dads41
Level 2

new modem router tp link what are the settings for voip tks

15 REPLIES 15
Shane

Hi @dads41,

Welcome to the community.

I pulled up your account using your community details.

We do not have reference for your new TP Link modem/router but here are the settings that you may need to configure your VOIP.

a. Interface: ppoe_8_35_1
b. SIP Transport Protocol: UDP
c. VoIP Service Provider: TPG or Others
d. SIP Registrar Address: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
e. SIP Outbound Proxy: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
f. SIP Proxy Server Address: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
g. PORT: 5060 (universal port for VoIP)

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

remektek
Level 2

I would like to use my own modem (Fritz!Box 7490) to access my NBN home phone number. Even after spending hours on TPG support phone line, I have not been able to get the necessary connection details.

According to my modem's page I need:

1. Registrar IP
  2. User name
  3. Password

Any help would be much appreciated.

BasilDV

Hi @remektek,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The settings for the TPG NBN VoIP phone is embedded in the firmware of our supplied modem.

This means that the home phone feature/VoIP of an NBN service will not work on any third party device.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

b0b
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

If you check the log file on the modems (TPG) the SIP registers to server 172.26.0.1:5060

Therefore the Registrar IP should be that one 172.26.0.1. The username and password may either be blank for both, the TPG username and password or something else. Hope that helps

joecarmody
Level 2

so has anyone managed to get TPG VOIP working on a 3rd party router? if so which one? what settings? 

thanks, Joe 

Shane

Hi @joecarmody,

I have responded to your initial post.

Located here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/VOIP-settings-for-VR1600v-when-Ubiquiti-AMPLIFI-H...

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Partyland
Level 2

Yes it is possible to get SIP working on a NON TPG supplied modem but it is not easy. There is no technical limitation so ignore the post's werere people talk about it not technically being possible, you just need the password which sadly is different to your normal TPG account. Any comments around security etc. is not for your secuirity but TPG's as well. 

Some of the older modems had firmware that the Super User (su) password was known so that you could backup the firmware and extract your password. Unfortunately for later versions of the hardware and firmware, TPG have blocked this.

In theroy TPG could give you the password, but it is likely that the helpdesk staff would not have the access or knowledge and it is most definitely their policy not to give it out.

remektek
Level 2

Hi, - I've got the password, extracted from the TP-LINK Archer modem, but need help for the configuration. I have the following, which is NOT working, so please correct tha bad bits:

User name: mylogin@tpg.com.au

Password: voip pw

Registrar: uni-v1.tpg.com.au

Proxy server: uni-v1.tpg.com.au

STUN server: uni-v1.tpg.com.au

Ahra_G

Hi @remktek, 

Welcome to the Community! 

Please see below information regarding VoIP settings:

a. Interface: ppoe_8_35_1
b. SIP Transport Protocol: UDP
c. VoIP Service Provider: TPG or Others
d. SIP Registrar Address: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
e. SIP Outbound Proxy: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
f. SIP Proxy Server Address: tpgvoip.tpg.com.au
g. PORT: 5060 (universal port for VoIP)

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

Cheers!