TPG Community

Get online support

No internet at all! - ADSL disconnected & NBN core network shortfall

zappedtapped
Level 2

Hi support team! I hope you guys can help me 😊

I've had no internet at home at all since 14/2/2020, I just want FTTC or my ADSL back until the NBN is ready. 

Some background, I am supposed to be on NBN FTTC, I pre-ordered with TPG a few months ago, and was finally supposed to be connected on 14/2/2020, the tech came, and my adsl was disconnected, but the nbn never connected. Since then I had another tech come (24/2/2020), and have made multiple calls to TPG to find out what is going on only to be told "it's been escalated, someone will contact you"

I also have very bad phone reception in my apartment so I can't even hotspot and use mobile data.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
timli1234
Level 2

Create a case with TIO and TPG will get a bill from them. 

Longer the case is open, the more TPG will get charged. 

BasilDV

Hi @zappedtapped

For customers experiencing any issues with their ADSL and NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage affecting the service.

We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage and also our Service status page.

If there are no known outages in your area, customers can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : https://www.tpg.com.au/support/nbn/troubleshooting , https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

In your case, the connection is already transferred to NBN which is why the ADSL2+ service is not working. However, the installation of your NBN service was held due to "NETWORK SHORTFALL / Lead in /Repair Damaged Lead In (Clear blockage from DPU pit to middle pit and run DCL extension.)" within the NBN network.

Our wholesale provider is unable to expedite the remediation date that was given as it is provided based on requirement assessment (i.e. resources such as materials, technician capacity, etc) conducted by field technicians to complete the work.

Your case manager is monitoring the account and will be in touch with you via SMS/Email or phone call once an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Brennan19841
Level 2

How do you dislike a comment? There is no useful information and no remidation date provided. I feel for the original poster.