TPG Community

Get online support

When does the billing cycle start?

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

We apologise if you haven't received a callback, @zwiidoan. We have made a follow up with our Provisioning Team and we'll make sure that a case manager will contact you within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

isabelzhi
Level 2

So as you've requested I am now asking the question on this thread.

Do you know when I could expect my nbn services to be installed? I was not told an exact date and was given a timeframe of 2-30days, which I think is too vague to be anything of use. It’s been a week since I’ve ordered the package and despite the install inquiry site telling me there’s an option of rescheduling the appointment(hasn’t even received a schedule but sure) I clicked through everything and it only lead me to this. Can you please help?

Not really sure why you posted the answer to the original thread question which has already been answered rather than this one which you've obviously seen as you saw this and redirected me to this page. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @isabelzhi, have you connected the NBN connection box and follow the guide on the link we have provided above?

Riezl

Hi @zwiidoan, we can see that our Provisioning Team has been in touch and they are now working on sending a Network Connection Device (NCD) /NBN Connection box. We will continue to monitor this and we'll keep you posted for updates where possible.

isabelzhi
Level 2
I was told I had to wait until my modem AND The NBN bundle was installed to activate the service. Which is why I was inquiring about the specific date of installation. Or can I activate the bundle without the NBN service being installed?
Ahra_G

Hi @isabelzhi

Your service does not require a technician visit as it is for remote activation; hence the advise to connect the equipment that you will receive. If the remote activation fails, then that's the time we will request for a tech visit. 

Once you have connected the equipment, you will need to notify us so we can do remote line testings and run diagnostics if we'll be able to detect a signal. 

You may follow these Community links on how to set up your equipment:

Cheers! 

Riezl

Hi @zwiidoan, we can see that the NCD has been shipped. Our Provisioning Team is closely monitoring this and the case manager will contact you for any additional update.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

zwiidoan
Level 3

Thanks @Riezl, I can see the NCD is "In Transit" on StarTrack. Given my payment was on 17 Nov, it is likely to take 1 month for the service to be activated. Not sure if I can recommend TPG to any friend after this experience...

As part of the service registration/payment process, you guys should ask if client already had a NBN Connection Box/NCD and later verify that with NBN/customer history before shipping devices. Sending a modem to client without NCD is not funny.

Riezl

We work with our supplier, NBN Co. to provide this type of service and we rely on the information they provide on how the service will be installed, @zwiidoan.

Your address was classified by NBN Co. to be on Service Class 34, which means that there was an active NBN FTTC service and the NCD should be placed and installed already.

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and we appreciate your feedback.

Once you receive the NCD, you can follow the guide on the article we have provided above.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

zwiidoan
Level 3

Hi Riezl, 

My NBN service has been activated successfully, thanks for you help!

Regarding "Service Class 34" classification, I don't think this should be considered as nothing prevents previous tenant/owner of the house to take the NBN box with them, especially when every agent requires the house to be cleaned and empty.