TPG Community

Get online support

Monthly billing before usage?

battendf
Level 2

I registered for a TPG NBN bundle on 10 September, but have not paid anything or received a modem yet.  Does my first monthly fee remain unused until I am connected and operating successfully? 

According to TPGs website, I have only 17 months to go (it's an 18 month contract), which suggests to me that TPG have started charging me already, despite the fact that I am not connected to anything!

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @battendf

Welcome to the Community! 

We appreicate your query and we're here to clarify any confusion. 

Due to the prepaid nature of our service, we charge a monthly fee in advance before installation. The installation will progress once we receive the initial payment and the billing cycle only commences when your install is complete. As part of our billing system’s automation, we charge 7 days before the next billing cycle. Technically, it will not show 18months but it should match the date when the service gets activated. 

To update your payment and check your acccount online, kindly check these Community articles:

Should you require further assistance or has queries, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

battendf
Level 2

Thanks Ahra_G.

One more question:

When do I need to contact my current provider (Optus) to cancel my existing service?  I guess it may be on the date that the NBN installation is completed successfully?  Or will you or the NBN people contact Optus?  I presume that Optus are obliged to calculate a pro rata payment up to the date that my existing service is disconnected by NBN?

Cheers!,

Dave

BasilDV

Hi @battendf,

We are not familiar with the process of Optus when cancelling the account.

TPG will not contact them to cancel your account as for security purposes, the owner of the account should be the one to file the request.

You need to contact them for further discussion.

Regards,

BasilDV

battendf
Level 2

OK.  Thanks for that.

How long do I have to pay you before your proposal expires and we need to agree on a new contract?

BasilDV

Hi @battendf,

The account will be reserved for 30 days, afterward the order will not progress and the account will be cancelled.

Then you'll be able to place a new order with a new contract.

Regards,

BasilDV

battendf
Level 2

If my current order is cancelled, can I retain my login details so that I can access the TPG Community and discuss aspects of your NBN service?

BasilDV

Hi @battendf,

If the account is cancelled, the login details will not work through 'My Account' and 'Post office'.

However, we can't confirm if your login to the Community will be affected as well, but you may register once again using a different email address once the current one won't work.

Regards,

BasilDV

battendf
Level 2

....and no cancellation fee, I presume?

BasilDV

Hi @battendf,

Yes, there's no cancellation fee.

Regards,

BasilDV