TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

SOLVED Go to solution
Ahra_G

Hi @marzyta

Have you already tried changing your password?

If the issue persists after doing so, you may send an email directly to postmaster@tpg.com.au for further assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

zackii
Level 3

I have the same problem.  I am using TPG Post Office (I don't have an email client).  I get the following message:

Reporting-MTA: dns; web-atmail2.tpgi.com.au
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost
Arrival-Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:26:23 +1000

Final-Recipient: RFC822; xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [203.12.160.131] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [VI1EUR06FT062.eop-eur06.prod.protection.outlook.com]

This hotmail address is one I use several times a month, but now I get this "Failed" message.  I notice that the only messages that go to Spam are from this email address and a gmail one I maintin for a small club with 30 recipients. All the real spam populates my inbox.

The message is really confusing, is it me? is it them? is it TPG's mail that is blocked?  The link isn't helpful as there is nothing that matches the Code.

Changing the password does not work.   It is obviously another problem.  At your end?????

BasilDV

Thanks for raising this to our attention @zackii

We'd like to check this with our Post Masters for further investigation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the email address that you are using.

BasilDV

bmcderm
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue. I'm using NORD VPN. I've changed my TPG password and rebooted the router.

Started happening yesterday. Worked ok today for the first 5 or so emails, now bouncing again.

I'm using windows 8 and Office Outlook.

Thoughts plse, very annoying. Been using NORD for a long time without issue.

Brian

Joseph_D

Hi Brian,

Is the issue occurring without the VPN?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

geoffreyhumphre
Level 2

Hi,

I have had this problem for weeks now, asked for help & was told to change my password, I phoned in & a lady said I needed to change my password, which she helped me to do. I was told to wait an hour or so & it would be back to normal. It never fixed it. I have not been able to chase this up due to medical problems, I am home now & I want this FIXED!! To contact healthcare people is a must & I am being forced to use my wife's email, which arnt recognized as a current patient. Now I find out that some emails are being returned to their senders saying that they cant be delivered. I'm fed up having to deal with this problem. Your fix does not work for me after 2 tries. As a dissabled & unwell person I find that ringing for help on this matter is USELESS. Do I have to change to another supplier who can offer me an email address that wont insult me by telling me that I have ABUSED THEM.       Geoffrey

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the trouble this issue is causing you, Geoffrey. We value you as our customer and we'd like to check what can be done to resolve this.

Please send us a private message with your TPG Email Address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Tim17
Level 2

This is still an issue at August 2021. TPG server is blocking sending of emails through local email client. TPG post office will allow emails to be sent. The kicker is my password cant be updated. I can log into the post office and account yet the password update function fails everytime. Met all the criteria - more than 8 characters, mix of numbers and letter etc. Can't figure out why a simple password change doesn't work. Problems on problems, when the you can't even make the fix work...

Shane

Hi @Tim17,

Thanks for raising this to us. I am sad to know that you're still having the same issue after performing the given troubleshooting steps. You may raise this directly to our postmaster by sending emails to postmaster@tpg.com.au simply include your account details together with the affected e-mail address.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

This is still an issue at August 2021. TPG server is blocking sending of emails through local email client. TPG post office will allow emails to be sent. The kicker is my password cant be updated. I can log into the post office and account yet the password update function fails everytime. Met all the criteria - more than 8 characters, mix of numbers and letter etc. Can't figure out why a simple password change doesn't work. Problems on problems, when the you can't even make the fix work...

tezza
Level 2

I am also unable to send emails with Thunderbird although i can receive emails into Thunderbird. It appears my tpg email address has been banned from sending emails via Thunderbird. (see error message jpg) I am still able to send emails directly through TPG postoffice. I have changed my password as some posts have suggested but without success. I use Nord VPN but turning off also does not fix the problem.

Any other suggestions?