TPG Community

Get online support

Greater Sydney & Northern Beaches – No delays for TPG service installation and fault restoration

Manuel
Community Manager

At TPG, the health and safety of our team members and our customers is of the utmost importance.

With recent developments in the Greater Sydney area, particularly in the Northern Beaches, we’d like to provide an update on our activities to ensure minimal disruption to essential service installation and fault restoration.

• We continue to work closely with our counterparts at NBNCo to maintain excellent wait times and quality of service installation and fault restoration appointments during these challenging times.

• As a provider of essential services, we are not currently expecting any delays in service installation or fault restoration appointments in the Greater Sydney area, including the Northern Beaches, however we do understand that some customers may choose to reschedule their technician visit to a later date.

• Based on advice from NSW Health, we require our Sydney field technicians to wear facemasks for customer home appointments in all suburbs of Sydney, not only in the in the Northern Beaches areas. 

Whether the technician visiting your home is a TPG employee, a TPG contractor or a representative of NBN Co, we want you to be confident that we’re taking strong measures to ensure the safety of our customers and technicians. 

For more information about the COVID-19 safety measures in place for your TPG service installation or fault restoration appointments, visit  https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/What-to-Expect-During-Your-Technician-Appointment....

We are closely monitoring updates related to COVID-19 in Greater Sydney and across Australia and will update our processes as necessary.

Thank you for your understanding and patience through this period and for trusting us with your internet and home phone services. We value your ongoing support.

12 REPLIES 12
maheabegum
Level 2
TPG service down since yesterday. Talked with customer service several times but they are unable to solve the issue and can't find earliest schedule with home visite technician. This is frustrating, desapointing and very poor service.
BasilDV

Hi @maheabegum

Welcome to the Community!

We always demand for the earliest available schedule for the technician visit to our wholesale provider. However, we need to consider the availability of the technician and the number of jobs in the area.

We understand that you've been given the schedule, which currently is the earliest that your assigned Engineer can get from NBN Co.

Further request for a much earlier schedule has been raised and updates will be given as soon as it becomes available.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

maheabegum
Level 2
This kind of poor service is not acceptable. Now a days most people are working from home. How a person manage his/her daily jobs without internet? What kind of service level agreement you are maintaining with customer?
BasilDV

Hi @maheabegum

We understand where you're coming from and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll chase this with our Engineers and have someone to contact you within the day to provide further updates with the request.

BasilDV

vcasoh2021
Level 2

Hi,

I've signed up for NBN cable 50 on 23.12.2020.

I've received the modem router and NBN connection box + payment has been processed.

I've check the Installation Progress tracker, it is still showing "Your installation is progressing. We’re working hard on getting the service available for you. We'll keep you posted on the progress!"...

May I know the timeframe for my service to be activated? Thank you.

Username: vcasoh2021

Ahra_G

Hi @vcasoh2021

NBN Installation has different Service Class types. Yours is under Service Class 24 which means that the service can be activated remotely; meaning the equipment is already installed specially the NTD. 

You may check this guide on how to set up your connection:

Let us know the status of the modem lights so we can perform remote tests to check the status of your connection. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G

vcasoh2021
Level 2

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @vcasoh2021

NBN Installation has different Service Class types. Yours is under Service Class 24 which means that the service can be activated remotely; meaning the equipment is already installed specially the NTD. 

You may check this guide on how to set up your connection:

Let us know the status of the modem lights so we can perform remote tests to check the status of your connection. 

Regards, 

Ahra_G

Hi Ahra_G,

I've read the guides - the only thing that I'm missing is "Wait for NBN Activation".

With the NTD, the "Online" light is flashing.

With the modem, the "Power", "2.4G", "5G" and "WAN" are lit. "Internet" is not lit.

I just would like to know are we able to activate the NBN within this week?

Thank you.

Ahra_G

Thanks for confirming, @vcasoh2021

I have raised this with our Provisioning Team for checking. 

A Case Manager will also be in touch with you via phone call or SMS to provide updates regarding the  status of the connection. 

-Ahra_G

NikyBD
Level 2
Service down since 06/01/2021.
Received SMS that first available appointment is on 18/01/2021.
Almost 2 weeks waiting to get a technical support.
Is that what you call " No delays for TPG service installation and fault restoration "