TPG Community

Get online support

Internet speeds NBN FTTP

SOLVED Go to solution
Frozilla
Level 2

Hi 

I have been connected to TPG NBN for over a year now on the 50MB plan which has been great until about 3-4 weeks ago. The speeds i am receiving are well below what i have previously been getting. It is 7am where i am on a saturday and the attached is the speeds i am getting, hopefully something can be done about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians tried to contact you earlier today but no avail, but we received your SMS confirmation that the issue is now fixed.

Regards,

The internet was fixed last week but it has now become unusable again.

This is the fifth time this has happened. I need this to be fixed permanently.

I really dont like to keep paying TPG money everytime I wait upto a week without a working internet connection for someone to come and fix it. The internet is just not usable when Im waiting for someone to come. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/aba16610-190e-11eb-bcf2-cd34db0584dd

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Riezl

Hi @Frozilla,

The actual speeds for the service may be slower and vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We'd recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you check if the speed you're getting at the moment is within acceptable range.

This also includes troubleshooting on how the speed can be improved.

Slow speed issue

If you are connecting all your devices via Wi-Fi, this article may help as well : Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

dszczepina
Level 3

My download speed has also slowed down in the past few weeks at Inala QLD. When NBN was installed, download speed was at around 44Mbps. Now the download speed has dramatically slowed to speeds where it is much slower than the old ADSL2+ speeds I used to have (14Mbps DL on ADSL2+). Now watching streams is very slow choppy low quality.

I have not changed any modem parameters when I recieved the modem from TPG.

I have reset the modem, swiched off the wifi on the modem and have no change in speed.

I will not call technical support again because I cannot get through after being cut multiple times. Just wasting my time and phone credit there.

I would like someone from TPG to get the download speeds back to normal please.

Thank you.

dszczepina

speed.png

Riezl

Hi @dszczepina, we'd recommend having a read of the article we have provided above as it may help improve the connection.

Nonetheless, we can see that our Technical Team was able to confirm that the service is working within specification now.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

dszczepina
Level 3

A few days after the speed issue with my NBN50 was fixed it then went back down to around 2-3Mbps and gradually got slower after this. I was able to tolerate this until now. The connection will now regularly disconnect during the day and night. I use the internet between12am-6am. 

I would like the connection and speed issues fixed and stay fixed please.

Current speed test attached.

Thank you very much.

BasilDV

Hi @dszczepina

We've gone ahead and tested the line and have detected a possible fault within the NBN network.

The case has been raised to our Engineering team for further investigation and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

dszczepina
Level 3

After it was fixed a couple days ago speed is going down again. Right after it was fixed speeds were 47Mbps. One day later speed dropped to 21Mbps. Today it is 6.8Mbps. Soon it will be unusable again. I dont want it to get to that level again and have to wait for an engineer or tech to get it fixed. This has been an ongoing issue since I signed up to NBN50. I would like to use NBN50 without the speed degradation every time it gets repaired.

Thank you very much.

Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

I ran an initial test to the service it shows that a line fault causing dropouts on the service. We will re-open the previous escalated fault from our Engineering Team expect them to contact you via SMS or Phone call within 24hrs.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

After it was fixed a couple days ago speed is going down again. Right after it was fixed speeds were 47Mbps. One day later speed dropped to 21Mbps. Today it is 6.8Mbps. Soon it will be unusable again. I dont want it to get to that level again and have to wait for an engineer or tech to get it fixed. This has been an ongoing issue since I signed up to NBN50. I would like to use NBN50 without the speed degradation every time it gets repaired.

Thank you very much.

dszczepina
Level 3

Hi,

The line is unusable again. I need it to be fixed please.

Do you have another plan that is:

-Not NBN

-Same 50Mbps speed

-No DL limit

-Same price?

I dont want to keep experiencing this line degradation every couple months.

Thanks.

Shane

Hi @dszczepina,

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, again. There is no line degradation affecting the service, we ran an initial test and it shows a possible line fault that causing dropouts.

We will raise this to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation, send me your best contact number and preferred time.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi,

The line is unusable again. I need it to be fixed please.

Do you have another plan that is:

-Not NBN

-Same 50Mbps speed

-No DL limit

-Same price?

I dont want to keep experiencing this line degradation every couple months.

Thanks.