TPG Community

Get online support

No internet for 3 days and persistent internet dropouts for the past 10 days

LonelyWarrior
Level 2

My customer id number is xxxxxxx.

Since 20th Nov, I did not have internet connection for 3 days. 

TPG customer care's advice was to get a new modem. After a modem change and an engineer visit, the internet started working with persistent dropouts. 

Every day I have to call the customer care for atleast 4 to 5 times. Two tickets were opened and closed with no improvements. And the final suggestion from customer care is to switch to NBN asap. 

I live in a rented permises and I cannot simply allow the TPG persons to drill holes for the NBN installation. And I have to get the key to the Internet box from the Strata manager. I really dont want to put so much efforts just to switch to NBN. I was happy with the ASDL connection and didnt want to switch to NBN.

Do I have to live with the frequent internet dropouts until I switch to NBN?

What if the landlord says no to drill holes? 

I do not understand how the ASDL stopped working properly after NBN got rolled out into my area. 

It has been really annoying and irritating with this sort of internet connection. Well, the internet dropped out alteast 5 times till I finish typing this post!!!!!

I would like TPG to solve the issue permanently. I really had enough with the temporary solutions that have been provided so far. IF you cannot resolve this issue for me, please tell me how I can get out of the contract, so that I can switch to another provider.

Hope you understand how frustrated I am with TPG.

13 REPLIES 13
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you and we're sorry to know that you're considering cancelling your contract with us, @LonelyWarrior.

We have located the account using the account number you have provided. We understand how it can be frustrating to use an unstable connection and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

We have escalated the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation and the case engineer will contact you within the day to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised via SMS or phone call.

For now, please leave everything connected and on as we'll need to run additional remote testing.

Riezl

Hi @LonelyWarrior, our Engineering Team is working on sending a TPG technician to further investigate the issue and the case engineer will be in touch via SMS or phone call to discuss the technician visit schedule.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

sungayepe
Level 2

Hey,

I got the exact same issue with NBN. They send the various techincian more than a cople times and change the cable, NBN box. But it's acutally getting worse each time.

I want to switch to different provider but I have to pay $350 exit fees which is totally not fair when they can't fix the issue.

Switch the provider if you can!

Good Luck.

Ahra_G

We understand the inconvenience this has caused you, @sungayepe

Based on our records, the previous faults on your connection were caused by outages. 

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service. There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

We reserve the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we perform this work during non-peak times.

Regards,

Ahra_G

sungayepe
Level 2
Right! If there is no guarantee for reliable service, what do you expect your customer to do? This is affecting so much of my work and family as I can’t work from home most of the time because of this crappy internet and then it made me go back to work in the middle of the night.

Why don’t I have the right to change the service when this is not my fault?

Please try to understand the impact cause by your unreliable service!
This is been happening so long that I’m at the breaking point!

Will

Hi @sungayepe,

I can understand your sentiment seeing that you've been having the dropout issue for some time already.

I reviewed your case history and from what I gathered, the dropouts you've experienced are all related to NBNCo's infrastructure. On the occasions wherein NBN technicians were dispatched, either they fixed a lead-in cable or had to replace the NTD box. At this point, switching to another provider may not get you a stable connection since you will still utilize the same infrastructure.

We have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team to help us in raising this to NBNCo for further investigation. Please expect an update from an Engineer via SMS or phone call.

Regards,

Will

JinD
Level 2
Mate, I've had a similar problem
3 days internet not working.

Changed my Ethernet cables, tried different modem. . .as asked by TPG technician on the phone. I had to go buy these myself. Still not working. I found it hilarious that they thought changing the cables would work.

Then got transferred to 'engineer.' After similar discussion and trouble shooting. . .the solution? Sending a new modem. Despite being fixated it was a cable problem.

She also stated, there will be no compensation and they have no control with NBN despite saying it's not an NBN problem. Absolute joke.

I totally regret moving from Telstra. Get out while you can. Looking for different ISP now.
CathieJR
Level 2

Don’t bother with their NBN mine drops out all the time. I had no problems with TPG until they expanded, when they were the isp the nerds used they were wonderful, excellent service and very few if any issues. I wouldn’t mind betting their business plan changed when they started advertising. You used to talk to local techs now it’s offshore call centres, and you talk to people with accents that are so thick you can barely understand them. I will be changing provider as soon as my contract finishes and if my net doesn’t improve I will consider paying out my contract early as I am not getting any service. For example while I have been typing this my net has dropped in and out 6 of 7 times, Delfs not good enough TPG. Now I have to wait till it comes back to post this.

BasilDV

Hi @CathieJR,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the case has been escalated to our Engineering team. An NBN technician appointment has been booked to check the service and resolve this once and for all.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer as soon as an update becomes available.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

BasilDV