TPG Community

Get online support

HUAWEI Modem HG659 - Firmware Update

SOLVED Go to solution
figgehedberg
Level 2

We seem to have a lot of frequently dropped internet lately and hope an update may help.

Product type: HG659

Device ID: 00E0FC-J3N8W16923008420

Hardware version: VER.B

Software version: V100R001C216B111

David_M

Hi @figgehedberg 

I am making some enquires.

I will get back to you.

Thanks,

pregalwrightson
Level 2

@figgehedberg wrote:

We seem to have a lot of frequently dropped internet lately and hope an update may help.

Having the same garbage here, the internet is forever disconnecting while the router stays connected so it says "Connected to XYZ wifi, no internet connection available". At first it would quickly drop out then return pretty quickly. Then it would drop out and require me to log on to my computer, connect to the router and click the diagnostic button and that would fix it. Now I'm at the point that it will show as not having internet connection on the phones, when i go to fix it on the computer the internet is already working on the computer, it's just not connecting on the phones now.

It's not an issue with connecting to the wrong frequency as they're all on the same wifi frequency.

It's not a problem with the phones themselves as it seems unlikely that 3 phones from 3 different brands (Nokia, Samsung and Google) would all develop the same problems at the same time.

It can't be a problem with the line feeding the internet in because it will work on the laptop, google devices and smart TV well before it ever works on the phones.

So I assume it is a router problem that can hopefully be sorted out with a firmware updated given it is a relatively new problem that we have.

Shane

Hi. We did an article that will help improve the wireless connection at home. Feel free to visit the links below.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance. Cheers! 

@figgehedberg wrote:

Having the same garbage here, the internet is forever disconnecting while the router stays connected so it says "Connected to XYZ wifi, no internet connection available". At first it would quickly drop out then return pretty quickly. Then it would drop out and require me to log on to my computer, connect to the router and click the diagnostic button and that would fix it. Now I'm at the point that it will show as not having internet connection on the phones, when i go to fix it on the computer the internet is already working on the computer, it's just not connecting on the phones now.

It's not an issue with connecting to the wrong frequency as they're all on the same wifi frequency.

It's not a problem with the phones themselves as it seems unlikely that 3 phones from 3 different brands (Nokia, Samsung and Google) would all develop the same problems at the same time.

It can't be a problem with the line feeding the internet in because it will work on the laptop, google devices and smart TV well before it ever works on the phones.

So I assume it is a router problem that can hopefully be sorted out with a firmware updated given it is a relatively new problem that we have.

pregalwrightson
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have changed the channel for the 2.4gh but noted that it said the 5gh shouldn't need changing (which is the one I normally use). I also note that most of things that are mentioned to affect wifi strength (outside of channel usage) are environmental things which haven't changed for me in 5 years and yet its only within the last little period that the internet is dropping out to devices. Further, the wifi signal itself is not dropping out, only the internet and it is only on mobile devices, not on other devices such as my computer, google home products, smart tvs, etc.

Thanks for your assistance.

Shane

Thanks for the additional information, I sent you a Private Message. I'll wait for your response, cheers! 

Hi Shane,

I have changed the channel for the 2.4gh but noted that it said the 5gh shouldn't need changing (which is the one I normally use). I also note that most of things that are mentioned to affect wifi strength (outside of channel usage) are environmental things which haven't changed for me in 5 years and yet its only within the last little period that the internet is dropping out to devices. Further, the wifi signal itself is not dropping out, only the internet and it is only on mobile devices, not on other devices such as my computer, google home products, smart tvs, etc.

Thanks for your assistance.

reece2008
Level 2

Hi @David_M  and @Shane 

I was unable to send a PM - Below is the message.

Hi David,

Could I request a firmware upgrade?

We have the connection drop on our modem at least daily recently.

Below are details

Appreciate the help

Product type:
HG659
Device ID:
00E0FC-J3N8W17531004777
Hardware version:
VER.B
Software version:
V100R001C216B112
Shane

Hi @reece2008,

We requested a firmware upgrade for the modem/router, it may take 24-48 business hrs. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Hi @David_M  and @Shane 

I was unable to send a PM - Below is the message.

Hi David,

Could I request a firmware upgrade?

We have the connection drop on our modem at least daily recently.

Below are details

Appreciate the help

Product type:HG659Device ID:00E0FC-J3N8W17531004777Hardware version:VER.BSoftware version:V100R001C216B112
Puggles
Level 2
Can you confirm if you updated our firmware?

Our upload speed is dismal and we don’t seem to have consistent speed.
David_M

Hi @Puggles 

I have requested for someone to re-check if this firmware update was pushed to your modem.

I also checked your NBN-HFC 50/20 service on our NBN portals, and all tests are passing.

Your modem is stable and has been up for 4 days.

If your issues continue, you may need to try a different modem.

Wireless interference can cause various issues with your WiFi network. If all of your devices connected to via WiFi are affected, then you may need to change some wireless settings. We've created an article that will guide you on How to improve your home network.
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...

Regards,
David_M