TPG Community

Get online support

USB port in my Sagemcom Fast 5866T Modem does not work

crs
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Shane,

thank you for your effort to try to solve this....I am sure it's not your problem.

Unfortunatelly this router is not a router we have bought from Victoria market!....It's been sold by a big publicly listed company in Australia! ...and it has faults and nobody seem to care about it! ...9 months and TPG are still supplying this dodgy router to it's  loyal customers !

Can you pls send me the contact details of your customer service executive via PM?

Alternatively, I can take it to social media also ...I bet the TPG share holders will wrapped!

Pls advise

thank you

Glenn_R
Level 2
I feel your pain, I was also one of those people who left Optus 5G because TPG enticed me with their black Friday sale.

I received the same modem, it is in the exact same place as the Optus Nokia modem was and I now get signal drop outs all the time. The coverage in my apartment is not good.

It’s strange as when it’s working I’m getting some great speeds (168mps). I suspect the problem is with this cheap modem.

The TPG engineer told me that there is nothing he can do and suggested I go back to Optus. Great service !!!
pro_bro
Level 2

@ShaneThe update has been applied and I can see the My Media button.

File Sharing turns on but does not pick up the USB, Shows 1GB of space (assuming its the space allocated for SMB shares on the modem)

Please assist further?

Shane

Hi @pro_bro ,

We will coordinate this with our Technical Team for investigation. Could you shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

@ShaneThe update has been applied and I can see the My Media button.

File Sharing turns on but does not pick up the USB, Shows 1GB of space (assuming its the space allocated for SMB shares on the modem)

Please assist further?

androider
Level 2

Hi @Shane,

I am facing the same issue with the Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem. I would like to connect my USB drive and share its content with all of my home devices. Unfortunately, the USB functionality is disabled by default. Could you kindly assist me in resolving this problem?

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @androider

We'd like to check this with our Tech team.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

androider
Level 2

If anyone else out there is experiencing a similar issue, which I believe you would if you wanted to use the USB media-sharing feature of this router, here is the response I received from TPG technical support:

I received a call informing me that they cannot fix the issue, and I won't be able to use the USB port of the router. When I asked if there might be hope for a future firmware update to address the problem, they said no.

It's disappointing.

david64
Level 15

Hi @androider . Situation last December:

No progress after 9 months.

"Our Team is already working on a new firmware to fix USB Type C function, but there's no ETA as of the moment."  (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Sagemcom-5866T-modem/m-p/110371)

So, that's changed to "no hope".

You can revert to standard NBN connection or try this:
Connect your old router as access point to Sagemcom. Configure it as Static ip, give it an address outside range of Sagemcom dynamic pool. Disable DHCP and NAT.

Connect old router to Sagemcom and see that it shows in client list, and that you can login to admin of old router. Then see if you can set up the USB access settings. The USB device should be accessible at the chosen static address.

mpsmart87
Level 2

Not working for me either.  TPG just gave me the sagemcom ph number.  This 5866T modem isn't even listed on the sagemcom website.  This lack of usb is a deal breaker for me.

jrpedley
Level 3

I'm new to TPG 5G and rapidly becoming concerned about the number of long outstanding issues.

WHY DO YOU TPG MODERATORS SUPPLY FIXES IN PRIVATE MESSAGES INSTEAD OF PUBLISING THE FIX IN THIS FORUM?