TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware download

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

Hi @hong7777, we had a look at your account and we can see that you're on NBN Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) service and it is advisable for customers to use an NBN FTTP compatible router only device.

We currently provide TP Link C1200 (Router Only) for this type of service.

The TP Link VR1600v is a VDSL Modem-Router. May we know where did you get this equipment? Are you going to use this for your NBN FTTP service?

thehawkesnest
Level 2

To whomever may be able to help, could someone help me update my TP-Link Archer VR1600v router? My son has said that I have to post here to get the update, and I am now doing so.

Details are:

Firmware Version:
0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n
Hardware Version:
Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

BasilDV

Hi @thehawkesnest,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Your modem currently has the latest firmware.

If you need any assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

thehawkesnest
Level 2

Thanks for confirming that. My son wasn't sure if it needed updating, so he asked me to post here.

BasilDV

Glad to be of assistance, @thehawkesnest.

Have a great day. Smiley Happy

nic85
Level 3
Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n

@BasilDV
any firmware updates available?
Ahra_G

Thanks for reaching out, @nic85

Your equipment already has the latest firmware version based on the details you have posted. 

Should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers! 

nic85
Level 3
thanks for the reply!

I'm pretty happy with this connection, I get around 80mbps but the ping isn't exceptional. as far as I know fttb should have really low ping like 1-10ms. if I test my ping I get 33-36ms to www.tpg.com.au or www.google.com.au which is a ping of a normal ADSL. I know many people on FTTB have much lower ping than mine.

any solutions?
Ahra_G

Glad to know that you are satisfied with the speed, @nic85

Ping test results are actually not service affecting unless it reaches up to 150ms. Anything below 20ms is still considered to be great. 

Here are some ways to reduce ping times: 

1. Close any background programs and websites.
2. Connect your device to your router via Ethernet cable (specially when you are playing online games)
3. Reduce the number of devices using Wi-Fi
4. Move closer to the router

It is best if you can perform speedtest over wired connection for best results. 

Cheers! 

nic85
Level 3
20ms would be great but usually my ping is 45-50 on games servers. not happy at all.

I did all the test with wired ethernet connection, nobody is using internet expect of me, no other programs are running in background.

fiber is supposed to have a better ping than a normal ADSL. my ping is like having an ADSL but I'm with fiber.. can any technician have a look please? I've also tried to change dns with no better results.

an example.. this guy has normally 16ms on www.tpg.com.au, while I have 34-36ms MORE THAN DOUBLE!

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/abnormal-high-ping-on-FTTB-network/td-p/36821