TPG Community

Get online support

Another NBN phone not working

SOLVED Go to solution
chefren
Level 4
It was working for 2 weeks and then never again. Some technician called saying they " refreshed" something. Now it's worse.
I saw the same issues as many here where the solutions don't say what to do but that after escalating it may have been fixed. Others are still having issues and no clear answer. When can I have a refund? The phone line is useless and paying extra for international calls without being able to dial.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Riezl

Hi @chefren,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage affecting the network.

Check our Service Status at http://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this linkhttps://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

We also recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help resolve your issue:

Troubleshooting Problems with TPG Home Phone Calls

Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service

In your case, we have identified an issue with the Telstra Network and they have made some updates on their end, which resolved the matter.

View solution in original post

chefren
Level 4
Finally works. The root cause seems to be having the old phone number. This means whenever tech support does some sort of refresh Telstra or Optus loose some config they need to recreate as in when I first got the line. The only permanent fix for this was suggested to be changing the number so it will be with TPG and so there will be no need for this anymore. I have no attachment to the number itself so I will probably do this in the future when I can organise the potential 2 day wait for this to be done.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Riezl

Hi @chefren,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage affecting the network.

Check our Service Status at http://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this linkhttps://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet.php

We also recommend having a read of these community articles, which may help resolve your issue:

Troubleshooting Problems with TPG Home Phone Calls

Troubleshooting No Dial Tone - TPG Home Phone/Voice Service

In your case, we have identified an issue with the Telstra Network and they have made some updates on their end, which resolved the matter.

chefren
Level 4
This happened again when after getting bad internet speeds, tech support refreshed some part of the connection. Engineers should allow tech support to complete the refresh process by ensuring the phone line gets reconnected properly. Now the ticket has to be raised again with engineering and wait for them to do the remaining step. In the meantime waiting for 2 days with landline not able to receive calls.
BasilDV

Hi @chefren

We apologise for the inconvenience.

We've reviewed the account and understand that the incoming calls are not working, but the outgoing is working.

We've refreshed the service remotely, which should have resolved the issue.

Please try to perform a test call to confirm if the service is working.

BasilDV

chefren
Level 4
Hi Basil, as mentioned before apparently the refresh is the cause of the problem not the solution. This happened last time and still dont know what was the actual fix except someone had to correct something related to Telstra. The call does not even ring, giving the impression that Telstra routes it somewhere to TPG and then something crashes. There is no busy tone or disconnected line message. This is only on TPG settings related to the phone line routing. I can only debug so much on the blind.
BasilDV

This case will be further investigated by our Engineers and updates will be given via SMS or phone call as soon as it becomes available @chefren.

Thank you.

chefren
Level 4
Today somebody called on the landline saying it was fixed, but after they hanged up I dialled from my mobile and still won't work. The only difference is that I get a "this line is disconnected" message.
Ahra_G

Sorry to learn that you are still experiencing issues with the homephone, @chefren

I will pass this information along to our Engineering Team. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

chefren
Level 4

It is still disconnected, I have checked the Archer modem system logs and see a lot of VOIP entries like these

12020-09-22 10:24:34VOIPInformationRegister to server address 172.26.0.17:5060
22020-09-22 10:05:54VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
32020-09-22 10:04:35VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
42020-09-22 10:03:21VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
52020-09-22 10:02:02VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
62020-09-22 10:00:45VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
72020-09-22 09:58:57VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call
82020-09-22 09:57:21VOIPInformationcan not find any account forthe incoming call

chefren
Level 4

@Riezlare you able to find what the solution was back then?

"an issue with the Telstra Network" may be happening again, and again it is due to a connection refresh done by TPG tech support, so I can not receive incoming calls still