nbn wifi

dwang11
Level 3
Hi team
My nbn moderm is ARRIS,midel CM8200B,none of your listed models have this type.Would you please tell me how to locate the user name and password?I cant find any user ID contains WIFI,and i tried the password located as nbn p/n woth the strongest singnal,password is incorrect.could u pl let me know wts happening
thanks
danni
6 REPLIES 6
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @dwang11 the ARRIS device is only the cable modem that interfaces the incoming HFC co-axial cable to the WAN connection on a separate router, it does'nt have any Wi-Fi functionality. The Wi-Fi password for your router will be printed on a sticker either on the rear or underside of the unit.

Ahra_G

Hi @dwang11

Welcome to the Community! 

The Wi-Fi name & password is indicated on the sticker at the back of your TP-Link router. 

It should look like this:tplink_sticker.png

For reference, you may also visit this article on how to set up your NBN HFC connection:

NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (NBN HFC) Setup Guide

Should you wish to change your W-Fi name and password, you may follow the steps from this article:

How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

For additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Cheers! 

Yeetuscleetus
Level 2

But our ones are a little different there's no password in the bottom. It's a Arris CM8200B, it's connected to everything but I wanna know how do I connect it to my phone. 

asad
Level 2
I want to know the best plan for the for home wifi that would be connected to my phone number too
tonystork
Level 5

ARRIS box is not a router so you won't be able to connect your smart phones to it, you'll need a router to connect to the ARRIS BOX and use it's Wireless network for your modem/router.

@Yeetuscleetus wrote:

But our ones are a little different there's no password in the bottom. It's a Arris CM8200B, it's connected to everything but I wanna know how do I connect it to my phone. 

Shane

Hi @asad,

Welcome to the community! 

Thank you for showing your interest with our service. We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to choose TPG NBN Plans.

See link below.

Guide to choosing the best TPG NBN Plan for you

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Regards,