TPG Community

Get online support

Missed installation window

keithdear4
Level 2

@orbistat Sorry, this is nonsense. We might understand that Telstra are making it hard for TPG to connect our service, but it is not Telstra's fault that TPG don't seem to give a **.

keithdear4
Level 2

Bloody nannies. For ** read this.

jeremyh
Level 2

@BasilDVwrote:

Hi @jeremyh and @keithdear4,

Your case manager was trying to call you, but you were unreachable. Let us know if you have any preferred time to receive a call for them to try again.

Kind regards,

No missed calls on my phone.

Hi @jeremyh when you say (I'm TPGs customer - what do I care what their wholesaler does) that's a bit like blaming your vehicle manufacturer for installing a now recalled component supplier airbag. The blame lies solely with the component supplier but it's up to the manufacturer to pick up the pieces, (no pun intended). Same goes for the wholesaler / retailer situation.

Respectfully, I disagree, and I don't think the automotive analogy is applicable to the telecommunications space. I am TPGs customer and I have a commercial relationship with TPG, not Telstra. TPG are Telstra's wholesale customer and have a commercial relationship with Telstra, not me. TPG are reselling or on-selling a service from Telstra which is not being provided, so the burden is on TPG to make good on what has been ordered by me with THEIR supplier.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't actually need to know that Telstra Wholesale is the issue. TPG would just manage THEIR supplier and THEIR customer. TPG would hammer Telstra to get the necessary work done, and keep me - their customer - updated on the progress of the order with accurate and informative updates.

Instead, we have, well, this thread..

Joseph_D

I am TPGs customer and I have a commercial relationship with TPG, not Telstra. 

In an ideal world, I wouldn't actually need to know that Telstra Wholesale is the issue. TPG would just manage THEIR supplier and THEIR customer. TPG would hammer Telstra to get the necessary work done, and keep me - their customer - updated on the progress of the order with accurate and informative updates.

Instead, we have, well, this thread..

@jeremyh I agree, you are paying us to provide you with the service as such any issue with our 3rd party provider should be between us and them.

For the sake of providing information on what is occurring on the background we are notifying you and everyone on this thread of the progress of the issue in SA & WA which affects your connection, the installation of your service and it's completion is being discussed in the highest level of Telstra wholesale and TPG's provisioning management.

The case manager will contact you as soon as we pertinent updates.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

BasilDV

Hi @keithdear4,

We understand the importance of your service. However, as you are aware we rely on Telstra in resolving this delay in your service installation. As advised by the case manager handling your complaint, that Telstra is experiencing system issues which causes the delay of service activation. There was no ETA that was given to us, but was assured that they are working into a fast resolution.

Your account is being monitored by our Service Delivery team and they'll be in touch once an update is available. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi,

The TIO's statement on ACMA's Consumer Service Guarantee Standard states that where there is a delay connecting a service, a provider should:

1. as soon as possible, tell the consumer there is a delay, and explain the cause of the delay
  2. as specifically as possible, tell the consumer the new connection date
  3. take reasonable steps to fix the cause of the delay
  4. keep the consumer informed about any more delays or changes to the connection date.

So far, I am not satisfied that these points have been addressed. What assurance can TPG provide that these points have/will be addressed?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi @jeremyh,

I will raise this on to our Complaints Handling Team and will request for urgent feedback within the day.

Cheers!

Richard1892
Level 2

I am an Internode customer experiencing the same issues. (Don't worry TPG reps, not looking for support here - Just adding my input.)

I have been calling Internode Provisioning every day for an update on the issue. Every day they advise me they have no update and that there is no ETA and that the matter has been escalated. The only difference today is that they added NT and QLD is affected along with SA and WA. 

Being in IT myself, I just find it extremely difficult to understand how a systems issue can take this long to resolve, when surely all carriers such as the TPG and it's subsidiaries would have some kind of SLA that would have prompted for this issue to be resolved as soon as it can. In my case, 2 weeks and 3 days and counting of no service, just doesn't seem like TW are in any rush to meet any kind of service level agreements.

I even wonder how much pressure is our ISP putting on their carrier to come to a resolution. I also would have liked for any two of the ISP's such as TPG for you and Internode for me to have listed this in their outages page, for me it doesn't seem like they are taking it seriously enough for it to be put on their outages page, I am sure heaps of customers would be impacted by this being a multi-state issue.

Here's hoping that this gets resolved by end of this week.

Shane

Hi @jeremyh,

This case is now being handled by one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager and they will be providing you updates via email. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

jeremyh
Level 2

Hi Shane and everyone following along at home..

My partner was contacted by the Complaints Resolution Case Manager yesterday at 3PM via email.

I, however, was contacted via a phone call around the same time - where I learned that apparently there had been another Telstra installation booked for that same morning, but they didn't yet know whether it had actually happened, and wouldn't know until today, when I would be informed of the outcome.

I inspected the MDF last night, and wouldn't you know it, no pairs had been touched.

No follow-up today from TPG, to my partner or myself, but I guess I already know the outcome.

I find the constant 'your case is being managed by [some title]' responses exhausting and can't keep up!