TPG Community

Get online support

I am constantly getting "Something has gone wrong. You will be redirected to the homepage. Please try again later."

Peter66
Level 2

I've had the same issue for over a month also. Phoned TPG tech support today with no solution to the login failure. Was told I need to use Microsoft Edge to fix the problem, I use Firefox as my default browser. Edge has the same issue. So after reading a few posts here, the only way to login to the mobile dashboard as previously posted by Catfish works (big thanks!!!)

1. Go to TPG's reset password page: https://account.tpg.com.au/reset-password
  2. Enter the mobile phone number in the first field on that page.
  3. Enter your post code in the next field.
  4. Click Reset Password.
  5. You will recieve the following message in your web browser
  6. Reset Password Link Sent

Success!
    A Password Reset link has been sent to the mobile number
    listed on your xxxxxxxxxx account.

Please follow the instructions provided to reset your password.
  7. After resetting the password, go to the usual TPG login page. Enter your phone number and new password.
  8. Now you can see the mobile dashboard! The link on the TPG account page to view other services with your internet account is broken if you login with your username & password for the NBN account: Looking for your other services?
    Click here to manage your other services
  9. Login with your mobile number and new password if you use this link when it redirects you to the login page.

I have to say the tech support from TPG is poor. TPG Tech support should read these posts and so they don't waste customers time when we call to fix a problem.

Again, thank you Catfish for your fix.

nyaw
Level 2

Hi,

I received the reset password link on my mobile with the novus link however it fails with the message "

Cannot reset password with this link ...."

And yes I'm also facing this redirect issue to main login page on clicking "click here to manage other services"

Ahra_G

Hi @nyaw

Have you tried the workaround posted from this thread? 

-Ahra_G

nyaw
Level 2

yes the workaround was to reset the password. But I'm not able to successfully reset via the password link sent generated from novus

Ahra_G

Send us a private message with your TPG username or Customer ID so we can assist further, @nyaw

Level 2

I have multiple times done what is required to do to reset Novus password and every time it comes back with the error message: "This site can't provide a secure connection. novuis.tpg.com.au sent an invalid response:

ERR_SSL_PROPTOCOL_ERROR"

I have communicated with TPG Mobile support staff over e-mail about 8 times for the last week alone and followed all their requests including clearing memory and cache, with no positive outcomes. They agreed that using my laptop computer is the better option compare to use Mobile Phone for all these tries to access my Mobile Services webpage. I have done what was requested by the Technical support staff, but every time it comes back with error messages.   

I even sent to them a large number of screenshots showing details of what I received as error messages, but TPG support staff keep asking to do what I have already done according to their requests.

arl148
Level 2

@Catfish wrote:

It sounds like the same thing happened to you as happened to me. Try the following:

2. I think I entered the phone number in the first field on that page because the customer ID didn't work. Try one or the other.
  3. Reset the password.
  4. Go to the usual TPG login page. Enter your phone number and new password.

TPG still needs to fix the 'Click here to manage your other services' button or remove it entirely. It seems that changes made to the account details of those 'other services' can break the legacy auto-log in. The user suddenly gets shut out from their mobile account employing a method that had always worked previously and wonders what's going on. They don't even realise that they've had a separate password for that account for the last 2 years. In my case, the broken linking was caused by my credit card expiring.

Edit: Cross post.

I think this might have worked.

I had been using my username (previously associated with an old internet plan), and it wouldn't let me access the 'Click here to manage your other services' link, giving me the 'Something has gone wrong' error.

I tried entering my mobile for the username, and resetting the password. The SMS link took me to a novus website, where I then reset my password. Logging back in took me to the familiar myaccount page.

nyaw
Level 2

@arl148 wrote:

@Catfish wrote:

It sounds like the same thing happened to you as happened to me. Try the following:

2. I think I entered the phone number in the first field on that page because the customer ID didn't work. Try one or the other.
  3. Reset the password.
  4. Go to the usual TPG login page. Enter your phone number and new password.

TPG still needs to fix the 'Click here to manage your other services' button or remove it entirely. It seems that changes made to the account details of those 'other services' can break the legacy auto-log in. The user suddenly gets shut out from their mobile account employing a method that had always worked previously and wonders what's going on. They don't even realise that they've had a separate password for that account for the last 2 years. In my case, the broken linking was caused by my credit card expiring.

Edit: Cross post.

I think this might have worked.

I had been using my username (previously associated with an old internet plan), and it wouldn't let me access the 'Click here to manage your other services' link, giving me the 'Something has gone wrong' error.

I tried entering my mobile for the username, and resetting the password. The SMS link took me to a novus website, where I then reset my password. Logging back in took me to the familiar myaccount page.

The problem I faced is after clicking the reset password link sent to the mobile i.e. novus.tpg.com.au , I am brought to the reset password page which requires username, new password and confirm password. On entering those fields I still get the message "Cannot reset password with this link...."

nyaw
Level 2

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @nyaw

Have you tried the workaround posted from this thread? 

-Ahra_G

I have not received any reply back since I sent a private message?

kusalmed
Level 2

I figure the mobile account was using an old password imported from the main account in 2021. Never noticed before because the 'Click here to manage your other services' from the main TPG account always worked. Went to TPG's password reset page and changed the mobile account password. The 'other services' button is still broken, but I can now log in directly to the mobile account from TPG's main login page. indigo card

jjsploit.click