TPG Community

Get online support

email not working,changed password not logging in now

Dropbear087
Level 3

@leighw1

You can use the Mail app in Windows or some other 3rd party email client. POP3 Setup Guides are here: Email Settings | TPG Support.

nanahcub
Level 3

Looks like TPG Post Office is working again, at least for me, and at least for now. Not a bad idea to set up an email client anyway, for the next time Post Office goes down again.

mariat09
Level 4

funny, my email client just came back online, but not post office

Till next time!

nanahcub
Level 3

Well TPG Post Office did just go down again for me. That didn't take long. But the email client is still working. Weird!

Dropbear087
Level 3

Webmail's sporatic at best still. It's not working again for me but was 20 mins ago. I suspect they're limiting connections intentionally until they have all servers back up. Email clients are the way to go for now as they will keep trying the connection automatically. https://support.tpg.com.au/email-settings#toc_0

mariat09
Level 4

agreed, keep trying though, should be back online, fingers crossed within in an hour or so

Ahra_G

Thank you, @Dropbear087

As our Network Team is still working on the fix, we'd recommend to try and setup their TPG email via email clients (e.g Outlook, thunderbird)

Here are some of the links for  setup: 

Setting up email on your iPhone and Android phones

Setting Up TPG Email for Microsoft Outlook

Thunderbird Setup

-Ahra_G

MattH
Level 2

Can you confirm if this issue still remains? I have an email account that lost connection via outlook on the 7th July, and can not login since via post office. We have contacted tech support to rise a ticket under the account from Monday 10th July , but no one contacts me since this morning (2nd call to tech support on the 12th July). hope to get some answers. 

Shane

Hi @MattH ,

When you try to log-in to the post office what error message did you get? Could you post the error message on this thread and send us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Can you confirm if this issue still remains? I have an email account that lost connection via outlook on the 7th July, and can not login since via post office. We have contacted tech support to rise a ticket under the account from Monday 10th July , but no one contacts me since this morning (2nd call to tech support on the 12th July). hope to get some answers. 

MattH
Level 2

please see attached image (see file names for details). Outlook keeps pop up login details window since Sunday - which indicates either no server or no user found. We have tried reset password (did not work), tried sign in post office from different browser and different computers (did not work). We can login tpg account but email management section shows only dimatth email (this is not the one we are using, there shall be another one xxxxxx@tpg.com.au)

I am the technical assistant for the email account holder. and his TPG id is xxxxxx. The problematic email is xxxxxx@tpg.com.au. Please find the case ticket under this account. My contact mobile number is included in the case. The account holder is not tech savvy and he is frustrated because two phone calls to tpg tech support centre could not resolve the problem, or tell what the issue is.