TPG Community

Get online support

VR1600v firmware upgrade

SOLVED Go to solution
jebeckham
Level 2

ARCHER VR1600v

I keep getting a [DNS: Device is vulnerable to attacks] message from my Anti-Virus software.
It recommends that I backup my modem's current firmware to my laptop and download a firmware upgrade.
I go to the [www.tp-link.com] website but there is no option to backup my modem's current firmware.
I also cannot find a firmware upgrade to download for my modem.
Can you advise on this?

Thanks,
John

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @jebeckham

We confirmed that there is no known DNS vulnerability on the modem. It appears to be a false alarm.

If you're concerned about it, you can contact anti-virus vendor AVAST and ask them to provide specific technical details of the reported threat.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

susiep74
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV  for confirming.

scoxau
Level 3

Thanks @BasilDV - confirming I'm now on Firmware Version:1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n 

Will see if the upgrade helps

328 REPLIES 328
Shane

Hi @jebeckham,

Welcome to the community!

Firmware backup is not available to TP-Link ARCHER VR1600v on the other hand, I will request a firmware upgrade for your modem. I will notify you on this thread once I got an update for the request.

Regards,

Erika

Hi @jebeckham

We've checked this with our Engineers and they've found your modem has the latest firmware. 

Nonetheless, we'd like to look into this case.

Can you please post here the screenshot of the message you're getting from your anti-virus software? 

Regards, 

Shane

Hi @jebeckham,

Thanks for sending us additional details about the Antivirus Error Message, we'll have this investigated and get back to you as soon as we got a result.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @jebeckham

We confirmed that there is no known DNS vulnerability on the modem. It appears to be a false alarm.

If you're concerned about it, you can contact anti-virus vendor AVAST and ask them to provide specific technical details of the reported threat.

Regards,

DavidP
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Will the Archer VR1600v have firmware updates in future. I am currently happy with this service with TPG.

Shane

Hi @DavidP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was able to locate your account using your community details. 

I will check if your Archer VR1600v's firmware is on the latest firmware update and request to upgrade if needed.

Cheers!

DavidP
Level 2
Thanks Shane
BasilDV

Hi @DavidP,

Your Firmware has been upgraded with the latest version.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

albert1184
Level 2
Hi, can you upgrade mine to?

Thanks